wildly inaccurate Garmin GPS

tops911

FNG
I have been using a Garmin Alpha 200i to lay training blood tracks for my Drahthaar. The track is 400 meters and 8 oz of blood. I came to realize the distances were not what the GPS was saying. I started carrying a TT15 collar, my Alpha 100, my iPhone with onx and my reliable Army landnav pace count and here are my latest results:
Alpha 200i; 583 meters
Alpha 200i with TT15 collar 250 meters and av speed .75 kmh
Alpha 100; 243 meters
Alpha 100 with TT15 collar 250 meters and av speed 4.43 kmh
iPhone with onx 360 meters
my pace count 360 meters
I carried all these with me on the last track I layed. I have talked to Garmin several times with no help. they now want me to walk a known distance of 1/2 mile with the hand held units and a collar. I'll walk mile marker to mile marker on the road. I have lost all faith in the Garmin GPS for laying training tracks for the dogs. It's kind of sad to pay that kind of money and get these results. I've used military GPS as far back as Desert Storm.
Anyone ever experance this issue before?

IDspud

Lil-Rokslider
I have been using a Garmin Alpha 200i to lay training blood tracks for my Drahthaar. The track is 400 meters and 8 oz of blood. I came to realize the distances were not what the GPS was saying. I started carrying a TT15 collar, my Alpha 100, my iPhone with onx and my reliable Army landnav pace count and here are my latest results:
Alpha 200i; 583 meters
Alpha 200i with TT15 collar 250 meters and av speed .75 kmh
Alpha 100; 243 meters
Alpha 100 with TT15 collar 250 meters and av speed 4.43 kmh
iPhone with onx 360 meters
my pace count 360 meters
I carried all these with me on the last track I layed. I have talked to Garmin several times with no help. they now want me to walk a known distance of 1/2 mile with the hand held units and a collar. I'll walk mile marker to mile marker on the road. I have lost all faith in the Garmin GPS for laying training tracks for the dogs. It's kind of sad to pay that kind of money and get these results. I've used military GPS as far back as Desert Storm.
Anyone ever experance this issue before?
I have a 200I, regular Garmin, and my phone. Recently I've been putting very specific points on wallows and tracks with my dogs only to later find them on OnX on the complete other side of the draw. I also just got premium on my 200i InReach and noticed it's 20 degrees off on the weather forecast. Woke up with all my stuff frozen. Garmin wants me to write thesis on why with photographic evidence of it for the support case. Not worth it. Pretty lame.