Wildcat Composites Ultralight Tikka T3X Stock Review, By Tye Abell

Decker9

WKR
Curious how that paint job has held up? Im ordering a wildcat stock now and concerned about finishing it..

The paint job has taken a beating and it shows, but there has been a lot of hard mountain miles on the rifle since I posted.

It’s easy to touch up with another coat of paint though. The make it stone spray was a big plus imo.

If I was to do it all over again, I’d do the exact same thing.

Vandy321

WKR
Do you have to spray over coat of protective clear layer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ask @762Gunner about his paint job. I snagged a wildcat off him last year. It should have been all beat up after this years late rifle hunt, not a single scratch in the paint though. I do not see a clear acrylic anything over the top.

Ask @762Gunner about his paint job. I snagged a wildcat off him last year. It should have been all beat up after this years late rifle hunt, not a single scratch in the paint though. I do not see a clear acrylic anything over the top.

No yellowing effect from being under the Sun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eagle

WKR
Still not able to ship to the US, just checked as I’m currently trying to build two different guns off tikka actions. Hopefully soon.

Decker9

WKR
Still not able to ship to the US, just checked as I’m currently trying to build two different guns off tikka actions. Hopefully soon.

I wonder if one of the company’s that import parts from the states into Canada would be able to ship one across the boarder for you? Bighorn sales in Canada has imported for me before, might be worth tossing them and email to see.

Eagle

WKR
I wonder if one of the company’s that import parts from the states into Canada would be able to ship one across the boarder for you? Bighorn sales in Canada has imported for me before, might be worth tossing them and email to see.
Thanks. I’m going to call Stuart tomorrow and talk about it directly with him as well. We’ll see.

ElPollo

WKR
If that doesn’t work out with Wildcat, this stock may be an option for you :

If you are wanting to go super light, MPI stocks may be another option, but they are pricey.

Eagle

WKR
Just wanted to update this thread. I’ve ordered a couple stocks from Stuart, and with approval from the ATF, through form 6, which can be filled out online, he can ship the stocks to the US.

Get in contact with Stuart, and he can provide a redacted copy of the form so you’ll know what goes where.

Just wanted to update this thread. I’ve ordered a couple stocks from Stuart, and with approval from the ATF, through form 6, which can be filled out online, he can ship the stocks to the US.

Get in contact with Stuart, and he can provide a redacted copy of the form so you’ll know what goes where.
That's awesome news. Thanks for the update.

Wrongside

WKR
That’s good news for Stuart and the American members. Ima have to get the ones I’ve been meaning to order, ordered before lead times get silly. :)