wild meat donairs

bard

Lil-Rokslider
got this recipe off another forum and its a keeper. I recommend using half wild meat and half regular ground beef. you need the fat content.

1 to 1 1/2 pounds wild meat( deer, moose, elk, or whatever you got)
1 pound regular ground beef
2tsp oregano, salt, flour, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder
1tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

mix all spices together in a bowl and set aside. put meat in large bowl and start mashing with potato masher or mix with a heavy duty mix master. while mixing the meat slowly add the spices. once spices are all added start throwing the big meat ball into the bowl and beat the hell out of it. you want it to throw it as hard as you can on the counter or into the bowl and from hand to hand. once mixed put it in a bread pan to get it into a nice square shape. put the oven to 325f and put a cookie sheet lined with tin foil on the bottom rack. put the donair meat right on the top rack. cook for 2-2 1/2 hours. flip the brick every half hour. once its cooked let it cool. it will cut into thin slices better. the next day is best but its hard to wait that long. try for around 1/16-1/8 inch thick.

once the meat is in the oven its time to make the sauce. it tastes better if it sits for a couple hours
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup vinegar
2tsp garlic powder

mix all together until it thickens up. if its a little too sweet add more vinegar and garlic powder until you like the result

prepping the pita
heat a frying pan with a small amount of olive oil.
quickly run a pita under water( maybe half a second on each side) and throw it into the hot pan. cook 20 seconds on each side
once its done pull it out of the pan and throw on a few slices of mozzarella cheese.

in another pan throw in 3 or 4 slices of donair meat. once its nice and fried up throw it on the pita
add some sauce
add some sliced red onion, tomato, and lettuce
add a little more sauce and you have the best donair known to man.

came out great the first time I made it. let me know how it works out for you.