Why use a Mathews stabilizer given the price?

Why would a person use a Mathews flatline stabilizer over a different brand. If the length and weights are the same, what does Mathews bring to the table, especially given the higher than expected typical pricing?

Thanks,
Patrick

In short stabilizers, there's very little difference across the board.

In a rod you want light and stiff, that's easy to do short, gets a lot more difficult when it's long.

The bridgelock bars, an argument can be made for the wind cutting, especially the long target bars.

Because they match. I'd have a hard time buying one, but they do look cool and they apparently work. Ive never been a "system" guy but that stuff apparently does work well together.

jc123

FNG
I find its more fun to mix/match things imho.. I agree there is not a whole of differences to different stabs, but there are differences. I just got a set of ramrods v3 with built in dampening for my target rig and am excited to try it out.

NMJM

FNG
Because they match. I'd have a hard time buying one, but they do look cool and they apparently work. Ive never been a "system" guy but that stuff apparently does work well together.
100% this. These is no way a stabilizer can improve an archers shooting ability as much as manufacturers claim. The prices people are willing to pay for name brand items that will never make a difference is insanity. Somehow people got the idea if they spend a ton of money on something, they have more confidence in their gear so they will be more successful.

Sbird2019

FNG
I’ve always had at least the flatline bars on my Phase 4. I can’t say they work any better or worse than other premium bars, and I’m not sure it makes a huge bit of difference over other bars without dampeners, but half the fun of tinkering with your rig is making a bow that you’re proud of and looks cool. You can get used bridge lock bars for a little bit more than flatlines, so I’d just upgrade if your bow can accept those and you hate money

I will say, It is very nice to be able to slide them into the riser/back bar mount so that they will fit into your bow case while still mounted. Was it a pain screwing on and off my flatline stabilizers? Not really, and even less so with QD mounts, but it’s nice to not have stabs have to be taken off and stored separately in the case.

At least that’s what I tell myself. I mostly just bought cause they look cool

Shawn_Guinn

Lil-Rokslider
I can’t see owning a bridge lock bar and I own a lift if I want color matching I’ld go with Quattro stabilizer ms they give more length options and match major companies colors.

pirogue

WKR
100% this. These is no way a stabilizer can improve an archers shooting ability as much as manufacturers claim. The prices people are willing to pay for name brand items that will never make a difference is insanity. Somehow people got the idea if they spend a ton of money on something, they have more confidence in their gear so they will be more successful.
X2. Remember when stabilizers first came out? The manufacturers claimed/promoted that stabs reduced noise and vibration. Then, each year saw improved bows with less noise and hand shock/vibration. So the stab manufacturers then had nothing to promote, so they switched thier sales talk to improving accuracy. And they found more suckers to fall for it.

06 SB

Lil-Rokslider
I am a bit OCD and want the same color. I am cheap though so I bought all mine used off of Archery Talk forum. I saved A LOT.

wapitibob

WKR
Earl Hoyt patented the stabilizer mount back in the 50's if not earlier. They're purpose is to act as a moment arm to counteract hand torque and recoil movement of the bow, and they do that exceptionally well. There's a reason every target archer on planet earth uses one, and every person shooting a class where their length is restricted, is using one at the maximum allowed length.

Stabilizers have morphed into hand shock, vibration dampening, etc from marketing campaigns designed to sell product; the arrow is long gone before any of that happens.

Why would a person use a Mathews flatline stabilizer over a different brand. If the length and weights are the same, what does Mathews bring to the table, especially given the higher than expected typical pricing?

Thanks,
Patrick
I will never buy a Mathews stabilizer unless someone is basically giving them away. Their stabilizers and lo-pro quivers are just absolutely pure profit for Mathews. Insanely overpriced for what they are. And I say that as a person that likes Mathews and is shooting a V3 as my current number 1 bow.

Earl Hoyt patented the stabilizer mount back in the 50's if not earlier. They're purpose is to act as a moment arm to counteract hand torque and recoil movement of the bow, and they do that exceptionally well. There's a reason every target archer on planet earth uses one, and every person shooting a class where their length is restricted, is using one at the maximum allowed length.

Stabilizers have morphed into hand shock, vibration dampening, etc from marketing campaigns designed to sell product; the arrow is long gone before any of that happens.
Yup. Longer stabilizers also do their job with less weight. For hunting, it's a trade off of most effective vs maneuverability.

I thought the same thing for the longest time. I had a mis matched stabilizer on my mathews for a while that I cannibalized from an older bow. One of the dampener grommets began to dry rot on it and I couldn't find a replacement. I had a $200 gift card for sportsmans so I said screw it and ordered the mathews stabilizer. I definitely had to eat some crow because the bow definitely feels noticbly better in my hand.

Personally I think stabilizers make a huge difference in what they are supposed too which is provide balance and stability while aiming. There is a reason every target archery shoots with a long stabilizer and back bars to slow and stabilizer the float. Even recurve archers competitively use them for the same purpose. As someone said there is a trade off between maneuverability and stability. Shorter stabs require more weight to do the same effect as a longer one with less weight. Additionally most of the weight must be at the end of the stab for the greatest effect. For hunting purposes I use the longest stabilizer I can while not getting insane, which is for me a 15inch stabilizer. Now in regards to the Mathews specific ones....eh....is it better? Depends I guess in what we are comparing. Vibration? Maybe. Ability to adjust it shorter/longer, sure. At balancing and providing stability to slow the float?? Not sure. I think the location of the mount of the stabilizer matters more. Lower mounted locations will cause the bow to sit upright more. So for that reason I guess the Mathews mount is lower, but PSE/Hoyt/ and others have the lower stab mount which is better in that regard. I also think the mathews weights for those stabs, while creative, are also expensive and you have to use it...

If you are looking for a bridgelock compatible stab cheaper check out titanium archery products. It's cheaper, made of titanium and looks interesting. Of course even cheaper options exist in Redline.