Why Nightforce ?

Mt Al

WKR
Years ago I had the chance to go to their shop for a tour on behalf of another organization. BLOWN AWAY at the people, process and passion. (I didn't just mean to make up some "Three Ps" cliche) Been involved in outdoor/military gear manufacturing most of my life and have never seen anything like it before or since in terms of zero compromise and how much the staff cared about what they were doing.

It absolutely wasn't some mass produced thing with people working against the clock. Made a fool of myself by asking "how come this person is doing this process" or something like that, and the guy in charge answered "Well, you know people put their lives on the line, these have to be right. There isn't an option for our scope to not work. Just not an option."

I've never owned one just due to $ available, but wouldn't hesitate if I had the need and cash, would be top of the list.

cmahoney

WKR
Psh, whatever. They don’t even have a podcast.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gbflyer

WKR
Yeah but where is that air driven torture device that delivers twice the recoil of a .308 5000 times?

Jacack

WKR
I have been using nightforce since they were called lightforce however long ago that was.

They are heavy but are the best in durability imo.

I posted these pics a couple years back.

That's my rifle that was stolen from my truck and dumped in the brush two hundred yards down the road in the palmetto bushes. It was found about 18 months later by the neighbors kids. It sat outside that 18 months getting hit with all south Florida weather has to offer with its humidity rain and heat.
The scope tracked fine still and after a trip back to nightforce they went all through it and all it needed was a new lens due to hard water sitting on it and etching the glass.

Think it cost me right at 100.00 to repair and that scope currently sits on a 28 nosler and works like new.

Attachments

• 20190603_175319.jpg
    20190603_175319.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 161
  • 20190603_193117.jpg
    20190603_193117.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 160
  • 20190603_193056.jpg
    20190603_193056.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 159

packer58

WKR
I have been using nightforce since they were called lightforce however long ago that was.

That's my rifle that was stolen from my truck and dumped in the brush two hundred yards down the road in the palmetto bushes. It was found about 18 months later by the neighbors kids. It sat outside that 18 months getting hit with all south Florida weather has to offer with its humidity rain and heat.
The scope tracked fine still and after a trip back to nightforce they went all through it and all it needed was a new lens due to hard water sitting on it and etching the glass.

Think it cost me right at 100.00 to repair and that scope currently sits on a 28 nosler and works like new.
That's one heck of a testimonial .....

If it was a Vortex they would have fixed it for free. Best warranty in the business, if you haven’t heard. 😉

Flyjunky

WKR

I’m surprised they haven’t asked you for permission to use that in their marketing. You could probably get a new scope out of the deal😉

z987k

WKR
Is there anything better than nightforce??? Seems like pretty much the best.
For the price, the glass is pretty meh. Go look at them at one of the stores that has other glass in that pricepoint and even indoors you'll be a bit underwhelmed for the cost.

But some of those other brands suck as an aiming device and that's quite inexcusable to.

If only someone would make a quality scope with good glass.

Ucsdryder

WKR
For the price, the glass is pretty meh. Go look at them at one of the stores that has other glass in that pricepoint and even indoors you'll be a bit underwhelmed for the cost.

But some of those other brands suck as an aiming device and that's quite inexcusable to.

Indoor my vortex lht blows my nightforce Nxs out of the water in regards to glass clarity. I haven’t spent any time with the NF outside yet.

I dropped my rifle with a NF NX8 1-8x out of a treestand in KY a few years ago, about 30' up....landing directly on the scope. I climbed down to get it after a few choice words were said about my dilemma, retrieved my rifle and climbed back up. Shot a nice doe about ten minutes later. That afternoon I got back to camp and checked the zero.....still on at 100yds.

Now all of my rifles have a NF scope of some sort on them.

Flyjunky

WKR

I agree, Nightforce glass is nothing to write home about but I’d rather have durability. I don’t know if anyone has missed a shot because their glass wasn’t good enough but bad tracking or loss of zero sure will.

If I could afford it the ZC scopes are fantastic.

z987k

WKR
I agree, Nightforce glass is nothing to write home about but I’d rather have durability. I don’t know if anyone has missed a shot because their glass wasn’t good enough but bad tracking or loss of zero sure will.

There's shots you won't take if the glass isn't clear enough.

KenLee

WKR

Missed out on a shot would be more appropriate.

Grundy53

WKR

It's an aiming device. Not a spotting scope. You are paying for durability and peace of mind knowing you aren't going to lose zero.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
xiaoxu425