Why do straight wall seasons exist?

KenLee

WKR
I’m in Georgia, really no “dog” in this fight because we can hunt with firearms from Mid October until January.

That being said, I used to hear all of the time the reason for our extremely long firearm season and liberal bag limits (10 does & 2 bucks) was because the Insurance Companies were lobbying to reduce Deer vs Automobile collisions.
I never believed it much, but the more I think about it… the more sense that makes.

Going back to Straight wall calibers vs ML/Shotgun… I think very similar applies here. Folks with “say” want to use whatever weapons they want, increase firearms/ammunition sales, increase hunter participation AND.. increase deer harvests which will in turn… lower Deer vs Automobile accidents

*Taking the tinfoil hat off* that’s my .02
Insurance companies rule the US. If you don't believe me, just try to get the neurosurgeon recommended back fusion approved.

OP
Dave0317

Dave0317

WKR
On the insurance company note, I’ve heard that is also the largest opposition to reintroducing Elk to all of their former range.

Kurts86

WKR
On the insurance company note, I’ve heard that is also the largest opposition to reintroducing Elk to all of their former range.
The farm bureau’s usually are the largest opposition to elk reintroduction by far and away.

Reactions: OMB