Who will shoot a cow elk this year?

Cow or Bull?

• Cow

• Bull only

Results are only viewable after voting.
E/s tag is for bulls only, but my cow tag for archery OTC will get punched in short order with a dry 2 year old single cow

Wedes

FNG
I have es first archery in nm. Bc of work I only have the first 5 days due to work. I will hunt bull only for the first few days and then after that I will shoot a cow if I have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kcm2

WKR
I have an either sex archery tag on a private ranch, for a six day hunt. On day 5, any cow that shows up, assuming I do not have a bull down, is a serious risk for a life expectancy problem.

bnsafe

WKR
I have a 5 day hunt this year, first 3 days they are pretty safe, last 2 days, well, stuff happens

Didn't draw my bull elk tag this year but have 2 cow tags (muzzy and 3rd rifle). Gonna let it rip and fill some freezers. Out of state hunting buddy also has a cow tag so I will be helping him out notch his tag.

Last edited:
OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
I dont have a cow tag or an E/S tag this year.
Bull Only tag
The last Bull Only tag I had was 24 years ago.

Gonna miss thumping on cow elk

COelk89

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pretty limited E/S archery tag. With the state of herds in Colorado being what they are this is the 2nd year in a row in the past 7 I won't have the luxury of a late season cow tag to count on to try to fill the freezer, and the chances of pulling a leftover deer tag are looking pretty slim. If I have not had a chance at a high quality mature bull by the last day, I will fling an arrow at a cow if the opportunity presents itself.

striped1

FNG
I hunt a very crowded OTC unit in CO. I will shoot the first legal elk in range. I have too much invested to drive 18 hours home with no meat in the coolers.

Telford29

FNG
Drew an Idaho cow permit this year for the unit behind my house. I’ll walk from the back door to hunt.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Based on the polling results, maybe Rokslide should have a Cow Elk Photo Contest.

How about it @Ryan Avery @robby denning ?

It not as sexy as the Bull Elk Contest but I bet you could get a sponsorship or two.
😂😂😂👊

Wonder who would make a good sponsor?

And I got a cow elk tag so I could do lead post if I get one.