Who will shoot a cow elk this year?

Cow or Bull?

• Cow

• Bull only

Results are only viewable after voting.
Depending on what happens with CO next year, I may try to get a ES tag to increase my chances of not coming home empty handed.

jonesn3

Lil-Rokslider
This is a tough one for me at the moment. Have an ES archery elk tag this September for a unit we know well and have had success in the last couple seasons. I’d like to hold out for a bull since there were chances in years past, but just didn’t pan out and we tagged cows, a spike, and a buddy got a rag horn bull. So I’m really looking for something with branched antlers, but at the same I have a few other considerations. Like this year we have Dads in camp for their first archery hunts, so looking for the first opportunity at a legal animal for them. Maybe I’d hold out looking for a bull if they get a cow? At home, for me, I have a newborn and could really benefit from tagging the first “any elk” thats within range and getting home sooner than later. Difficult decisions that will likely come down to “game time” decisions for me

TheViking

WKR
For my ES archery tag, bull only.

I have two late season cow rifle tags.

BUT, I have a limited entry tag this year, other years I would smack a cow during archery the last few days of a hunt.

My ES tag is for a fully draw unit and will be relegated to bull 280"+ only for the first two weeks of season. After that it's probably still the same. Lol. Can't kill a big one if you tag out on small ones.

SonnyDay

WKR
My son and I both have ES 1st rifle tags... so we'll look for bulls the first few days, but cows will fill the freezer just fine!

GeoHunter

FNG
First legal elk that comes within range is getting an arrow from me! Maybe after a get a few archery kills I will hold out, but not there yet.

Any elk will work for me. Too many times I have passed on cows and come home empty handed. I don’t like that at all. I don’t need the antlers just to show pics and have some bragging rights. I like having the bragging rights of saying I filled my tag. 🤣

I have a bull tag for regular rifle and a cow tag in December for short range weapons. Hope to notch either or both, but will just be happy being in the hills.

Shawn_Guinn

Lil-Rokslider
I have an ES tag last year I held out and passed cows this year I’m not willing to go without meat again…but that could shift quick if I start chasing bulls again. I like being in the moment if it feels right I’ll let an arrow fly.

Seth

WKR
Due to work, I’ll only have a couple of days to hunt this season. Any good shot at a legal elk will likely see an arrow fly.