Who uses their reticle to range find?

OP
Niquels

Niquels

FNG
Have I said something that bothers you? Why do you continue to challenge me?
If you wanted to be helpful you could have just said put a piece of paper up marked with two lines 5.235 inches apart then at exactly 500 yards look through your scope at the paper. The lines should appear 1 MOA apart. Now your scope's sub tensions are calibrated at 500 yards.

BBob

WKR
Is it practical to use my reticle to find target distances for hunting?
You could but.... screw the reticle thing. Get yourself the Leica rangefinder, generate a drop chart, shoot and confirm the drop chart, tune up the chart if needed, go hunt and kill stuff.

Been using laser rangefinders since dawn of time and 99.9999999% of the time they work. Almost never use the Kestrel.

Another analysis paralysis thread :)

OP
Niquels

Niquels

FNG
You could but.... screw the reticle thing. Get yourself the Leica rangefinder, generate a drop chart, shoot and confirm the drop chart, tune up the chart if needed, go hunt and kill stuff.

Been using laser rangefinders since dawn of time and 99.9999999% of the time they work. Almost never use the Kestrel.

Another analysis paralysis thread :)
Yep, that's where I'm headed. Thanks.

KurtR

WKR
Have I said something that bothers you? Why do you continue to challenge me?
No just getting the point across that there’s a lot more involved than just getting a gun with a reticle and go shooting at distance proficiently. Carry on

Axlrod

WKR
Rangefinder is defiantly fast and accurate no need to complicate things. You might be chasing your tail with your scope though: