Who "owns" the threads on RS?

WKR
When RS is having a discussion and say the OP throws a hissy and wants the thread deleted, is that "his" to delete?

Several other people may have contributed to the thread in question and those efforts and comments are simply deleted by a mod?

Do OP's "own" threads or the rights to those threads/discussions to exist? I understand that the owners of the forum "own" this environment so perhaps I'm asking if it's the policy of RS to allow OP's to dictate what happens to discussions on this forum?

I need to plan out my future hissy fits and this knowledge seems invaluable to those plans.

Thanks in advance.

OP

WKR
Can we invest? If we think a thread is really going somewhere and we want a piece of it, can we buy, say, 30% of that thread for ourselves?

Thank You.
This sort of gets to the point.

People take time and replay, some are helpful and some less so, and a conversation continues which may or may not even involve the OP.

Those replies are a form of investment, time, for something in return, conversation, community, and occasionally some helpful knowledge.

For those efforts and investments to simply disappear because the OP has a hissy fit seems a bit surprising to me.

I hadn't assumed that if a conversation wasn't going "my way" that I could cause the deletion of every other members contribution.

OP

WKR
Can you even imagine the great crime against humanity it would be if PNWGATOR decided that he didn't like the .223 anymore and wanted the thread deleted?

It's simply unthinkable!!!!!

TreeWalking

Lil-Rokslider
The website owner owns the content. You may be able to delete a portion of your content though may still be content that survives in the cloud that the website owner then licenses to someone wanting to train an artificial intelligence engine. So, use your keyboard or not as that is free will. You forfeit your rights, however, to ad revenue or AI licensing fees, etc.

OP

WKR
The website owner owns the content. You may be able to delete a portion of your content though may still be content that survives in the cloud that the website owner then licenses to someone wanting to train an artificial intelligence engine. So, use your keyboard or not as that is free will. You forfeit your rights, however, to ad revenue or AI licensing fees, etc.

I'm well aware of this.

Perhaps a better word would have been "controls".

If it helps, "does an OP have control over the current and future existence of threads on RS" would be a more accurate representation of the question at hand.

I'm well aware of this.

Perhaps a better word would have been "controls".

If it helps, "does an OP have control over the current and future existence of threads on RS" would be a more accurate representation of the question at hand.

Oh man, I can only imagine the threads that would be brought back to life in zombie form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
Generally if an OP has requested that a thread be deleted, we gave granted that request, I have deleted many for various reasons including accidental double posts, sold items, etc. It's a common courtesy thing.

I am not sure Ryan or Cousin Bobby have an actual "rule" or "stance" on this, as they haven't mentioned it and it's not clearly stated in the rules. I will give Cousin Bobby and Uncle Ryan a call and get more clarification, let me get my cup and attach the string to it to give em a call

grfox92

WKR
Generally if an OP has requested that a thread be deleted, we gave granted that request, I have deleted many for various reasons including accidental double posts, sold items, etc. It's a common courtesy thing.

I am not sure Ryan or Cousin Bobby have an actual "rule" or "stance" on this, as they haven't mentioned it and it's not clearly stated in the rules. I will give Cousin Bobby and Uncle Ryan a call and get more clarification, let me get my cup and attach the string to it to give em a call
I really hope this Bobby thing takes off.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk