Who has used a Fenix HM65R Headlamp?

BFazz

FNG
I’ve used the HL60R for around a year now and I’ve been really impressed. It’s “only” 950 lumens compared to the 1400 of the HM65R, but I rarely use it above the eco or low setting. The high and turbo settings are ridiculously bright and I only use them briefly to scan the decoy spread setup in waterfowl season. I was apprehensive of switching to a rechargeable headlamp, but it honestly makes more sense. I normally have a small power bank in my pack anyways and it eliminated the need to carry backup AA/AAA batteries or prematurely change older batteries for new before a trip.

That said, I don’t have any experience with zebralights.

outdoor_matt

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a HM65R, had it for a couple of months now, and really like it. Can't compare it to zebralights as I've never had one, but it's a big time upgrade from my old Petzl. It will work great this spring/fall as a hunting light, I don't mind the rechargeable batteries at all. Just buy a couple extra if you're really worried. I plan on using the 18650 batteries as mini charging packs for my phone as well, Fenix has a great little system for them.

Btaylor

WKR
Have the HM65R and love it so far. Never had a zebra so cant compare those. What pushed me to this light was the lumen options between settings and the ability to quickly choose flood or spot as well as run times. Havent so far and dont expect to use the high settings very often but it is nice to have the light if and when you need it.

TheRambler

Lil-Rokslider
I have the nitecore version, i forget the model offhand. Been very happy. Cheaper, tough as nails, red light, spot and flood. Been rock solid for me. I have had it for about two years and use it on all my backpacking and hunting trips as well as daily for work.