Who can thread my Tikka T3X Lite 223 for a suppressor (Hyperion)?

Shaen Magen at Shaen Rifles is not taking any new work at this time. Any recommendations for a Smith who can (currently) cut and thread my Tikka T3X Lite 223 for a suppressor?

I have a local smith next to me if your ever up this way...Let me know if you want his number he will probably allow you to ship. He did a savage 110 270 for me.. removed the factory barrel, chopped and threaded a take off I had picked up in the classifieds. No complaints with the work.

Gonewest

WKR

Sled

WKR

morgan has done several for me and fixed some really bad work. his prices are great and turnaround is about a week. that's even with the shipping. he's pro at what he does and they look better than some threads i've seen from other reputable smiths.

fwafwow

WKR
Shaen Magen at Shaen Rifles is not taking any new work at this time. Any recommendations for a Smith who can (currently) cut and thread my Tikka T3X Lite 223 for a suppressor?
Did you pick one?

Sorry for the tangent, but I’m finally looking to get the next component of the RS Special - the rifle. I’m lazy, and not excited about the new shipping thru an FFL requirement for UPS, so I’d love to find someone to sell me the T3X Lite *and* cut and thread the barrel. Even order from the seller, have delivered to gunsmith, work done and then shipped to my local FFL. Too unrealistic?

OP
Mike Islander
Did you pick one?

Sorry for the tangent, but I’m finally looking to get the next component of the RS Special - the rifle. I’m lazy, and not excited about the new shipping thru an FFL requirement for UPS, so I’d love to find someone to sell me the T3X Lite *and* cut and thread the barrel. Even order from the seller, have delivered to gunsmith, work done and then shipped to my local FFL. Too unrealistic?

Yes! Got it back cut to 18" and threaded. I used KampfeldCustom.com. Karl Kampfeld is a true artist. I'll post photos later today.

I just shipped the barreled action through the post office. They didn't even ask what was inside. I just made the shipping label online, so it was ready to go when I handed it across the counter. Painless.

Did you pick one?

That’s exactly what I did with my last tikka. Bought online, had them ship directly to gunsmith, gunsmith chopped/threaded factory barrel and also chambered/threaded/bead blasted another blank I sent for that action, then shipped to a local to me ffl.

Its the same as any custom build where you buy an action and have it shipped directly to smith for your build.

fwafwow

WKR
That’s exactly what I did with my last tikka. Bought online, had them ship directly to gunsmith, gunsmith chopped/threaded factory barrel and also chambered/threaded/bead blasted another blank I sent for that action, then shipped to a local to me ffl.

Its the same as any custom build where you buy an action and have it shipped directly to smith for your build.
This is very helpful. Do you mind sharing your GS?

Did you pick one?

Order from Euro Optic, have them ship to the shop for threading, and then the shop will send to your FFL for transfer.

You can also send a long gun through USPS as an individual if you want to receive and test fire it first for accuracy.

fwafwow

WKR
Order from Euro Optic, have them ship to the shop for threading, and then the shop will send to your FFL for transfer.

You can also send a long gun through USPS as an individual if you want to receive and test fire it first for accuracy.
Thank you. Due to other prior problems with the USPS, I avoid using it at all costs - even if it means a bit more work on my part.

Besides, Tikkas are invincible! :cool: