Whitetail Institute Extreme

TN Tyrant

FNG
Has anyone on the board had any experience with this particular food plot seed? If so, what was your experience/thoughts on the product?

JAC8504

Lil-Rokslider
I used it on my friends property. The clover has come back every year. It is about year 4 and its getting a little thin. We need to overseed. The deer still go out there and graze periodically - We never checked PH/ soil ever. Just a quick till and threw it down before a rain in august.

Has anyone on the board had any experience with this particular food plot seed? If so, what was your experience/thoughts on the product?
I'd try to read the label. And then go to your local feed and seed place and buy the stuff on the label, minus the ryegrass and lime coating. Those (2) items probably make up 30-40% of the volume in most bags of food plot seed you find in bags at tractor supply, rural king, walmart, etc. Ryegrass is not the same as winter rye or cereal rye. And the lime coating is not enough to amount to anything, its just adding weight and taking up volume in the bag.

Look at this example. It's 26% ryegrass and 14.50% lime coating. The bag says 9lb per 1/2 acre. What is 1.26 lbs of lime going to do on 1/2 acre? So out of 9 lbs there's actually only about 5.5 lbs of actual food plot seed.

Imperial Whitetail No Plow Mix.JPG

I'd completely stay away from it due to the ryegrass. That stuff can be a nightmare to get rid of. Much better options out there. Like the post above said, you are better off buying some grain seed (wheat, oats, grain rye) and clover individually then making your own mix.