Whites perry hybrid wedge for hunting?

Idahoboy

FNG
Looking at these for upland hunting. Specifically Pheasant Qail and Hun hunting. Basically more flat land stuff with hills, not so much mountains. These would obviously be early season warmer weather. What would your opinion be?
I was debating on getting the wedge sole to try because I have heard such great things about how comfortable moctoe wedge sole boots are but was afraid how slick the soles looked. These look like they may be the ticket.
Give me your opinions please. Especially if you've owned the wedge sole boots.

aaronoto

Lil-Rokslider
I own two pairs of Perry's, they're great on concrete, but slicker than snot on dirt. I also bird hunt and personally wouldn't wear them. Comfortable though, yes!

OP
I

Idahoboy

FNG
I own two pairs of Perry's, they're great on concrete, but slicker than snot on dirt. I also bird hunt and personally wouldn't wear them. Comfortable though, yes!
Do you think the hybrid wedge sole would make the difference in traction on dirt?

aaronoto

Lil-Rokslider
Do you think the hybrid wedge sole would make the difference in traction on dirt?

Oh shoot, I just saw Perry boot and thought the original Christy sole, didn't even know they came out with the Hybrid with a different sole, that sole looks a lot better suited for terrain but I still think the boot has some drawbacks. I know Russell Mocs are legendary in the bird hunting world, but I still don't find myself gravitating towards a wedge sole when I hit the field. The Perry's were my first pair of wedge soles I've ever worn. On hard surfaces the wedge sole lives up to hype, but all the features that make it super comfortable on hard surfaces don't translate well to the field. It has a shank but the sole is a little too soft and the boot a little too flexible for my liking when not on pavement. On any sort of terrain I find you can feel a little too much through the boot, but admittedly I like a very stiff hiking boot. They're also not very water resistant and it's an unlined boot so it runs colder when the temperatures drop. Ankle support is pretty minimal. So yeah, for all those reasons the Perry is my last choice for anything other than hard flat surfaces.

OP
I

Idahoboy

FNG
Oh shoot, I just saw Perry boot and thought the original Christy sole, didn't even know they came out with the Hybrid with a different sole, that sole looks a lot better suited for terrain but I still think the boot has some drawbacks. I know Russell Mocs are legendary in the bird hunting world, but I still don't find myself gravitating towards a wedge sole when I hit the field. The Perry's were my first pair of wedge soles I've ever worn. On hard surfaces the wedge sole lives up to hype, but all the features that make it super comfortable on hard surfaces don't translate well to the field. It has a shank but the sole is a little too soft and the boot a little too flexible for my liking when not on pavement. On any sort of terrain I find you can feel a little too much through the boot, but admittedly I like a very stiff hiking boot. They're also not very water resistant and it's an unlined boot so it runs colder when the temperatures drop. Ankle support is pretty minimal. So yeah, for all those reasons the Perry is my last choice for anything other than hard flat surfaces.
Thanks for the reply