White Bear

medvedyt

Lil-Rokslider
I love traveling for adventure.

I recently returned from my Arctic experience. Something way different.

I saw huge Icebergs, bear killed seals, Arctic foxes, Narwal, Walrus, Ptarmigan, Caribou and ate frozen raw Caribou.

We hunted seals for the guys and dogs to eat.

Traveled about 1000 miles by snowmobile.

Went to the open water flow edge at the tip of Baffin Island which is the 5th largest island on our planet. This is the area the 1845 Capt. Sir John Franklin Expedition traveled searching for the inland passage with the ships HMS Erebus and HMS Terror.

Caught a few bears to photograph with the sled dogs. I got my bear on the eleventh day heading back to the village.
the last adventure on earth in those days. thank you.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Great share and congrats! If I ever do a guided hunt, this is it! The first time I got to watch a few polar bears sealed the deal for me.

I don’t get jealous much, but those seal skin pants that one fella has on are MINT!

Did you donate the parts or are you getting them cleaned/tanned and paying for storage for a hopeful import someday? With 3D printing of skulls now a thing, it makes it easier to swallow knowing (hopefully) a guy could get a skull replica made to put on the book case. Not sure if importing will ever be allowed again, but i’d image prices will 3x the day it happens; which really fuels me to try and do this sooner rather than later.

You can’t bring home a single thing from the bear??

OP
dukxdog

dukxdog

Lil-Rokslider
You can’t bring home a single thing from the bear??
No.

The USFWS will not allow import. Even with the bear population in good shape and rising from previous numbers they have banned import just as Lions and Elephant from some countries. Public opinions about "Climate Change" and dwindling glacial ice has helped put the kibosh on imports.

Marine mammals (Walrus, Sea Lions, Narwhal, Seal, etc) are not importable. I heard the USFWS has included the bears into the Marine Mammal category.

I have a friend in Canada who I am giving the hide to.

I went for the adventure. I took lots of photos.

I coveted those seal skin pants! They were awesome and just wicked cool!

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
No.

The USFWS will not allow import. Even with the bear population in good shape and rising from previous numbers they have banned import just as Lions and Elephant from some countries. Public opinions about "Climate Change" and dwindling glacial ice has helped put the kibosh on imports.

Marine mammals (Walrus, Sea Lions, Narwhal, Seal, etc) are not importable. I heard the USFWS has included the bears into the Marine Mammal category.

I have a friend in Canada who I am giving the hide to.

I went for the adventure. I took lots of photos.

I coveted those seal skin pants! They were awesome and just wicked cool!
What a travesty, I can’t imagine not having that hide & skull. Such a weird world we live in where you’re not allowed to utilize resources off something you’ve hunted. But you can go there and kill it….

Don’t respond to this statement but in order for me not to lose sleep over this thread I’m going to safely assume this “friend” is just holding onto it for a little bit… :)

Kehunt

FNG
That's an epic tale! Thanks for sharing your adventure, it was a great read.