Whisker Biscuit/Hostage VS Drop AWAYS!

sojourner

Lil-Rokslider
I just put a trophy ridge revolution on my bow. Got it set up and like it so far but haven't hunted with it yet. I like the full containment and the fact that you can "cock" it and not have to worry about arrow falling off while stalking, you can also let down without it coming un-cocked.

trophy taker pronghorn, I've tried alot of others but keep coming back to the first TT pronghorn. I dont like the full containment on a dropaway

B

bearguide

i shoot smackdown bbbbbbbbbbbbbbut i love whisker B for my kide

16Bore

WKR
Simple man, simple rest. Whisker biscuit and gravy.

I stayed away from archery for 20 years so even what most consider dated is light years beyond what I used to have.

16Bore

WKR
Too friggin funny. I musta fat fingered the “next” button and hit >>.

Ha!!

TreyPound

FNG
Fall away all the way for me. The octane hostage pro is junk imo. The brushes wear out quickly and you pretty much have to constantly readjust them to keep your bow shooting straight becuase some of the brushes will wear faster than others causing your arow to start pointing down or up a little bit. Basicly i found the hostage to be nothing but a tuning nightmare. The biscuit is ok but you definitley have to have great form to be consistent with it because of how long it holds the arrow.
Now on the subject of dropaways i would look at a limbdriver, it's so easy a monkey could set it up.

kcm2

WKR
Hamskea Hybrid Hunter. I had a QAD go south on me right before the 2018 season, 4 years old. Rule is, let me down during hunting season, you get replaced. The Hamskea seems bulletproof.

jspradley

WKR
Was running a whisker biscuit... until I switched to heavy skinny shafts, didn't work so well for those.

Now I'm running Hamskea Trinity drop away and I like it a lot!

Whisker Biscuit, used to shoot a drop away never had it fail but it wasn't a full capture. It always worried me that the arrow could fall out, I've heard about/seen some drop aways fail or not drop completely and cause issues for people. The WB is simple yet effective.

Whisker Biscuit! I've been curious about trying a drop away, but honestly I'm afraid to mess with something that has always worked for me.

Ears

FNG
I'm fairly partial to the Limb Drivers (for some reason). The Gen 7 has Hoyt, Mathews, and Prime Specific brackets (Standard fit everything else). Super light, zero noise, all machined aluminum, Made in USA. But that's just my opinion. I'm no professional or anything... ;)

87TT

WKR
Switched from a biscuit to a QAD HDX two years ago and will never go back. No comparison. The jump I accuracy was real noticeable from the git go. Have them on both of my bows. Never failed me yet after thousands of shots.

Switched from a biscuit to a QAD HDX two years ago and will never go back. No comparison. The jump I accuracy was real noticeable from the git go. Have them on both of my bows. Never failed me yet after thousands of shots.
YUP,.. THIS ^^^^ Love mine ! Old, WB's, "CAN" start making,.. "Noise" as Arrow passes thru, at least, my 7 year old one, did ! My Tuning and accuracy, got better, too with, the QAD.

Was running Vapor Trail Pro V before and QAD Ultra before that.

I was looking for absolute containment, like won’t bump against bow riser. The lok feature works when I use it, which is not that often, more of a hunting thing. Shoots great so far, no complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk