Which Steel Targets?

Getting into long range shooting practice..Have access to a long timber Road about 800 yards. Trying to set up steel targets. Any suggestions on which targets to get? Would rather not waste money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure where you’re at in the world or what your budget is but check out Thor Armory targets. Local company to me and ran by really good guys. They donated a bunch of steel to our local LE departments and have really quality stuff

I go to my local metal recycling place and have them cut me plates. .40 cents a lb. I think the last one was 16x16 1/2" and cost $15.
This...there is a local fab shop near me that lets me pick thru there scrap pile for cheap. I keep to 1/4" thick material...weld some chain to back...GTG.

bluumoon

WKR
This...there is a local fab shop near me that lets me pick thru there scrap pile for cheap. I keep to 1/4" thick material...weld some chain to back...GTG.
Not sure my welder will work on the thick stuff, but damn sure gonna try now. I just had the guy punch holes in the plates and hang with wire from rebar frames or tree branches

Azone

WKR
Try to find some AR grade steel it will hold up a lot better than softer grades. If you have any farmer friends ask them for some of their old disc blades.

My hunting buddy and I have purchased a considerable amount of targets from Brad at https://www.atlastargetworks.com/. He has a nice variety of targets in shape, IPSC, or animal patterns with and without flappers. He's got several mounting options, ships fast, and is very responsive.

03mossy

WKR
Mine are all from shootingtargets7.com. Highly recommend them and especially the bullseye targets.

Marmots

Lil-Rokslider
+1 on The Last Stand, especially if you want a really mobile target stand to set up your targets in realistic hunting scenarios.