Which rings to use?

DG75

FNG
Hello Everyone!

I'm one of the FNG's so please be easy. I've done searches but not really finding anything helpful.

I'm mounting a Trijicon Credo HX 2.5-15X42 on a CZ 457 Varmint .17 HMR.

I purchased a rail from DIP inc.

Which rings?

Should I get Trijicon rings to match the scope? There's a set currently in the classifieds.

What about Burris...their XTR Signature rings look interesting. Anyone have real world experience with them?

How about Seekins? Seen them in the classifieds too.

Any help appreciated.

nobody

WKR
Seekins precision are my go to. They're spendy, but I don't care haha. Vortex's PMR rings are just rebranded seekins, and you can sometimes get the ones with Vortex's logo on them for cheaper. Very well made rings, they're all I have on any of my bolt guns.

OP
DG75

DG75

FNG
How do you know which height ring to get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xtr signatures are good to go in my experience. I have seen a pair of seekins break.

You should be good with low rings and a 42mm objective.

Rob5589

WKR
TPS is a brand not often recommended but are a great ring for a decent price. I'm partial to Seekins but have used the TPS and they are solid.

OP
DG75

DG75

FNG
It depends on the diameter of scope. If you are not shooting long distance you will want rings that get your scope low and close to the barrel without touching. With a 42 you could go low or medium but will need to measure or test fit to be sure.

I really like Ryan Cleckners tutorials, this video should help:

Thank you for the response and vid.

Thanks to everyone else who responded. I appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hondo64d

Lil-Rokslider
Hello Everyone!

I'm one of the FNG's so please be easy. I've done searches but not really finding anything helpful.

I'm mounting a Trijicon Credo HX 2.5-15X42 on a CZ 457 Varmint .17 HMR.

I purchased a rail from DIP inc.

Which rings?

Should I get Trijicon rings to match the scope? There's a set currently in the classifieds.

What about Burris...their XTR Signature rings look interesting. Anyone have real world experience with them?

How about Seekins? Seen them in the classifieds too.

Any help appreciated.
If you want the absolute best, I recommend the ARC M10 rings. If you want the most performance per $, I recommend the SWFA rings. There’s plenty to choose from in between.

John

Wrench

WKR
I have a half dozen sets of xtr signatures in action. I bought the gunsmith insert set for the 1" signatures also. The signatures are very serviceable for a typical hunting rifle for guys who don't rodeo on hunts
....the xtr signatures are very much bomb proof and will allow for some incredible adjustments in every direction.

I'm slowly swapping all of my tac style stuff to the xtr signatures to maximize travel.