Which rail for my Vortex PMR 34mm rings?

sdupontjr

WKR
Well my Vortex PMR 34mm rings finally made it in. Couldn't find them or seekins anywhere in stock. Found a set, came in when to mount my new Schmidt Bender Polar 4-16x56 to my tikka t3 and found that the rings wont fit my warne rail. The ring recoil slot is too wide for my rail. So I need to get another rail for my tikka. What rail do you guys recommend for the Vortex precision PMR rings for a Tikka?

OP
S

sdupontjr

WKR
Just contacted mountain tactical and their out of stock. 4-6 weeks. Cant wait that long. So need other options.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Murphy Precision makes really good stuff. Not sure about lead time though. If you want a rail to match $240 rings, that is what I would go with. https://www.murphyprecision.com/

I have an EGW at the moment as I knew I was going to cut on it and wanted something cheaper to play with. At some point I will have Murphy Precision make me a custom Ti rail that is cut similar just because. No problems with the EGW though.

If you go EGW, get one in 7075 (not 6061) aluminum. The primary reason for this is so that your rings don't deform the rail (the Vortex rings are 7075).

Talley also makes a rail for the Tikka out of 7000 serious aluminum.

Nightforce makes one as well.

OP
S

sdupontjr

WKR
I had looked at the nightforce, however midway couldn't confirm that the base was flat. The pic for the rail listed for Tikka looks like it would fit a 700 action, rounded like your pic. I ended up ordering a mountain tactical from a shop that had it in stock. Like the recoil pin. hopefully can get it in soon to go fire some rounds.