which Primaloft pants?

I'm looking to purchase my first pair of primaloft pants, and was looking for recommendations. I'm just looking for something lite that will add a little insulation and preferably with front pockets. What do you guy's suggest?

Bighorse

WKR
MH Compressor

I like the MH Compressor pant I've purchased. I will say that my first week they snagged on something and tore. My wife had the same experience with her pair. So they are nice with full lenght zips and front pockets. They certainly keep you warm. I'd say plan on wearing a rain layer over them or something because if you walk around in them alot the fabric isn't designed to be durable. Thats natural when you consider they are made for lightweight warmth.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like the MH Compressor pant I've purchased. I will say that my first week they snagged on something and tore. My wife had the same experience with her pair. So they are nice with full lenght zips and front pockets. They certainly keep you warm. I'd say plan on wearing a rain layer over them or something because if you walk around in them alot the fabric isn't designed to be durable. Thats natural when you consider they are made for lightweight warmth.

+1 on the compressor pants! I love pulling mine on in the evening after a long day outside in cold weather. They are also pretty nice for grabbing a nap on a rock ledge while spotting for sheep the day before the opener :)

IMGP0633.jpg

I usually only wear mine to sit around in the tent, or under rain pants, so tears in the lightweight fabric haven't been an issue for me (the backside, cuffs and knees are reinforced but the rest is pretty thin). Luke got a small snag in his, but it was easily repaired with a little piece of nylon patch tape (available at most sporting goods stores) and I imagine in a pinch that duct tape or electrical tape would work too. Not sure how many other brands of PrimaLoft pants are on the market, but when I wear this pair out I will be buying another pair of compressors.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I really like my MH compressors as well as was glad I had them on two occasions I had to bivy away from camp overnight. One of which I musta been tired from 4 straight weeks of hunting and berated bighorse for not having some puffy pants of his own. Then 5 minutes later was laughing to myself about how much he must have been straching his head thinking "geez I'll never forget puffy pants again when hunting with him." :D Well BH you are welcome to come hunting with me anytime again, puffy pants or not. ;)