Which Footbeds-

bbrown

WKR
I have a pair of Danner Elk Hunters that I put the Green Superfeet in and they did great. I ended up wanting a lighter uninsulated pair for early season excursions and picked up a set Asolo Sassalongs figuring that I would just swap the Greens back and forth but ended up with some foot pain. Now I have the original insoles back in but need to find something as I have too much volume in the front of the boot. I am thinking I will give the Oranges a shot...
I have never had any luck with the gel style insoles.

Solitude

WKR
Are you guys with wide feet having success with footbeds as well? Are the upgraded footbeds a bit fuller than originals as a general rule? If so I think I may loose some volume? Am I out to lunch on this?

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have had similar luck with gel insoles ... until the Lathrop and Sons. They are nothing like other gel insoles. They really are awesome.

I have also been using the synergy footbeds for the first time this season, and I am way impressed. Doesn't seem to matter how far I walk or with how much weight in what kind of terrain; I haven't had a single hotspot or even sore place. Of course the lack of support from the insoles is more than made up for in the full shanks of my Hanwag lady Alaskans. Must be magic-- don't knowhow/why they work so well, but they definitely do!

bbrown

WKR
I picked up a set of the Orange superfeet last night and so far so good - and the added cush in the front is a definate plus over the Greens.