Which Danners?

Hungarydog

Lil-Rokslider
I recently won a gift certificate for a free pair of Danners in a raffle. My experience with Danners is limited to Ft Lewis when I was in the military and a pair of pronghorns about 8 years ago. I currently own multiple pairs of lowas that are my go to hunting boot so I'm not necessarily looking for a hunting boot. Question is, if you could pick any pair out of their current lineup, what would it be? Thanks for any input.

Randle

WKR
Stay with the high end American made and you will be good.i went thru 3 pair of pronghorn that leaked . My Ft Lewis boots lasted 10 years.

Stay away from the pronghorns. My buddy and I use the "high ground" boots. They are light and very comfortable. I'm extremely picky with boots and I love those!

Randle

WKR
I will add that their customer service is great . No problem getting warranted boots

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
The last pair of good Danners I had were Elk Hunters. Not sure if they still make them any longer. I have moved away from all Danners and am happy with the decision.

As suggested above, stay with the ones made in USA. They can be recrafted (resoled), and the warranty is better for them. I had a pair of "imported" Danner boots that the sole peeled away from the rest of the boot, and they would not warranty those, only the USA made.
I have a pair of Acadia uniform boots that I have worn on duty for over 4 years. They still look and feel new, but again, they are Made in the USA Danners.

H82miss

FNG
I've been wearing Acadias for 20 years (not the same pair) and they are the only duty boot I'll wear. Not a hunting boot, but a quality, comfy, good looking boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quent

Lil-Rokslider
Like said before go with the American boots. I have the desert Acadia and love them. I also have the combat hiker which is sold as the crater rim now and are nice hiking and work boot and look nice enough for around town stuff. I also have a pair of chinese made pronghorns that i have no issues with. But if you're lookig for a eh everything all around boot the crater rims are what I would go with.

GKPrice

Banned
I lived my first 56 years just outside of Portland so when I started hunting, after struggling through Herman Survivors and Redwings for the first 5 or 6 elk seasons I gravitated to Danners (back then Pronghorns weren't even a gleam in the family's eye) and struggled a lot more and eventually just wore my White's smokejumpers, rotated wet for dry and endured COLD feet - When Pronghorns made the scene I tried them and wore nothing else for hunting, day uniform and around the farm for very long time then 6 or so years ago a friend guided me to the local Lowa dealer and I walked out in my first pair of Tibets, my feet are smitten and I've not looked back since - "IF" you can get the American made Danners to fit you they are "OK" (IMO) but if you give Lowa boots a try my guess is you'll be hooked for life - Danner makes a good Romeo slipper ...... (or used to)

boom

WKR
I wanted the Hood Mtn lights bad!!! They were so comfy. I walked into a store in Portland. Fantastic feeling boot out the box. My wad was blown since I had a new sleeping bag in the rental car. Didn't want to turn my honey into less honey, more honey badger. I put the boots back.

Now. Maybe the mtn assault boot. 8". $$$$$

My work boots are Quarry 7". I love them. Super comfy.

Sent via Jedi mind trick.

mikkel318

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Crater Rim 6" and wore them for two hunts last year. I think they are fantastic.

GKPrice

Banned
I am glad that so many still stick with Danners - Danner began as a local NW business and I began as a local NW farmboy so there's sentimental value there .... Lowa boots and "that class of boot" are an entirely different dimension in footwear .... when I wore Pronghorns and until I tried Lowa boots I had not idea of the differences ........