Which Bino harness?

I have tried several, KUIU , badlands, S4, Sitka( two versions I think) and AGC , maybe even another couple that I am forgetting.
For what it's worth I ditched them all for one reason or another. I kept my second Sitka gear harness and my Smaller AGC harness I switch back and forth depending on what glass I am carting. I like them both well enough that I can't see myself changing anytime soon.

Hey trial 153, do you find that the Sitka bino harness "squeaks"?
I have two of them. Both of them squeak.

I hate it.

There is nothing worse than putting in a hard, vertical hike in pursuit of sheep, and every time you breathe in, the lower strap squeaks as your chest expands.

Both of the ones I have bought squeak where the plastic buckle rubs on the trim piece where the buckle enters the lower pocket.

DRIVES ME NUTS!

If you have figured out a way to get rid of this, let me know.

Other than that squeak, I like the sitka system.
But that squeak is enough to make me leave it at camp many times.

I love my FHF binocular pack. I've used the AGC but I prefer the FHF. I like to slip the lid down inside when I'm slipping the binos in and out without needing them secured and just put the lid over for more security. Google FHF ( Fish , hunt , fight ).

FHF. I ran several different brands and varieties of bino harness' and the FHF beats them all. I won't be switching anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be looking into some of these more. Thanks.

Anyone have experience with the Badlands one I mentioned?

The badlands is fine, it's just bulkier than the others and you have to be careful with the magnetic closure. If you let it go too soon there will be a fairly loud snap when it closes. Which is not good if you're close to game. I have the Kuiu harness, it's ok. I like how low profile it is but it let's in more dirt/debris than I would like since part of the back is open. I own a couple pieces of the FHF gear, rangefinder pouch, bear spray holster and getting the Garmin Rino pouch and it's all good stuff. I will probably get one of his bino harnesses too. The AGC are nice too. I've considered one of those also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Hey trial 153, do you find that the Sitka bino harness "squeaks"?
I have two of them. Both of them squeak.

I hate it.

There is nothing worse than putting in a hard, vertical hike in pursuit of sheep, and every time you breathe in, the lower strap squeaks as your chest expands.

Both of the ones I have bought squeak where the plastic buckle rubs on the trim piece where the buckle enters the lower pocket.

DRIVES ME NUTS!

If you have figured out a way to get rid of this, let me know.

Other than that squeak, I like the sitka system.
But that squeak is enough to make me leave it at camp many times.

I must have lucked out because mine doesn't squeak, or if it does I haven't noticed it! Could it be the way its adjusted?
Now my AGC developed a slight squeak last late season, only when adding or removing the binos/ its coming from the cover....go figure I have also said it was siglent for the most part.

I had he badlands harness before my FHF. In my opinion the FHF is way above the Badlands, one of the mains reasons being the noise of the magnetic closures mentioned by another member. It's also bigger and bulkier to wear, which was another drawback for me.

I've been using the S2 since it came out, a "little bit" tedious to take in and out but it protects the bino lense pretty well (Now I'm going to take a look at this FHF system)

I have used a few different harnesses and have settled on the Kuiu.....after they put out the new accessory pockets for it I think it will be even better.

I use the AGC bino harness. I have used it for 3 years now and have never had anything go wrong with it. The quality is amazing and it is extremely versatile.

I've had several brands and now have settled on the AGC as my favorite. Haven't laid my hands on the Kuiu so I don't what, if anything, I missing there.

AGC for me. Been using them for 8 years now. But I like to have all my essentials still with me when I drop my pack for final stalk.

Used the good old elastic straps last year and they drove me nuts every time I started jogging or crawling. AGC CUB just showed up last week and I have high hopes for it. Love the protection it offers and it seems very stable. I only worry about it getting hot when moving fast.

Back