Which 30mm scope mount on a Montana 30-06

Villreinjeger

Lil-Rokslider
Planning to get a Kimber Montana .30-06, and put a Zeiss HT 2,5-10x50 on top of it.
I'd like to have a QD mount, preferrably light but still steel. What should I get, and what height to get a snug fit?

just put an egw rail on an xbolt Browning. 50mm bell scope thought would need high leupold qrw. wrong need lows those rails must be higher or the pencil thin barrel makes lows adequate. dealt with egw direct, pretty good cs tho extremely slow, super busy or just slow??

GKPrice

Banned
alloy rails are nice, please keep us posted on what you find - since the screws are 8/40 I'll not have a problem using Talley LW's on my new Hunter though

OP
V

Villreinjeger

Lil-Rokslider
I' actually prefer no rail.

Anyone who has the Talley QD rings with two bases? If so, what height would fit a 50mm scope with 30mm tube?

Crapshoot

WKR
Talley Medium's will fit up to a 52mm. I have them on my Montana Rifles. If you want more assurance that your 50mm will clear rifle with Med Height rings you can confirm by call Talley.

Crapshoot

WKR
This is a Montana with a 50mm Leupold. I also have another one with a 52mm Z5 Swarovski. Both are using Talley QD's in Medium Height. Make sure you get the extended base if the tube on your Zeiss is short like the Leupold.

View attachment 44500

OP
V

Villreinjeger

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for advice.

Can't see the pictures?

The scope I have has a 30mm tube, not 1" as the mentioned Leupy and Z5. It will give me app 2,5mm extra clearance all other equal.