Where to sell guns in Boise area?

Eldoradotim

FNG
Classified Approved
Have rarely gotten rid of any guns in the past....looking to off-load a few I don't need (and buy more of course!). Is there a recommended gun shop in the Boise area for this? Does everyone sell online like Gunbroker?

Thanks for any help!

def90

WKR
Gunbroker will get you more money as a gun shop is going to charge you a percentage of the sale and they aren't neccessarily going to push your gun over ones they are selling themselves. A local gunshow is a good place as well.

Stumpy208

FNG
Gungroup .com has worked for me. If you want to do private sales. If you want to sell to a store Idaho Guns in Nampa is one my buddy has sold a bit to to get in store credit to fund other things.

Spoonbill

WKR
If you live outside of Boise you may take a look at your local paper and see if there are gun listings in the classifieds.
Most gun stores will charge 15-20% if they sell your guns on consignment.

OP
E

Eldoradotim

FNG
Classified Approved
Haha, not a fed, not really into shooting dogs.

Thanks for the ideas.

The list is a bunch of weird stuff or old stuff inherited, probably not of interest to guys here...

Savage Model 99 - looks new
Remington Model 8 - looks old
Maybe a Colt Single Action Army
SKS sporterized
03-A3 sporterized
Savage Axis II XP stainless .308
Maybe another revolver or 2

Thanks for the ideas.

The list is a bunch of weird stuff or old stuff inherited, probably not of interest to guys here...

SKS sporterized
03-A3 sporterized
The first 3, maybe Buckhorn Pawn, they kinda deal in older firearms. The others, I'd list on ZIdaho.

def90

WKR
Buckhorn Pawn, I went in there during the covid lockdown period and they had an Arsenal AK that I wanted to buy. Told them I'd buy it and pay for shipping to my FFL back home in Colorado. They told me that was illegal to do and refused to sell it to me. Lol.

Spoonbill

WKR
Buckhorn Pawn, I went in there during the covid lockdown period and they had an Arsenal AK that I wanted to buy. Told them I'd buy it and pay for shipping to my FFL back home in Colorado. They told me that was illegal to do and refused to sell it to me. Lol.
Buckhorn is definitely cautious with the rules. They made me bring in my registration to show a current address since the one on my ID wasn’t current. But they are friendly and usually have a good selection of stuff to look at with fair prices.

ODB

WKR
Buckhorn is definitely cautious with the rules. They made me bring in my registration to show a current address since the one on my ID wasn’t current. But they are friendly and usually have a good selection of stuff to look at with fair prices.
Man I haven’t been in buckhorn in forever.

There is also Mid-Star out between star and Middleton. It was started by a guy I used to work with (Justin - super solid dude) but I think he may have sold it to some other folks. They have a variety of offerings so maybe good for the spread you have. No idea about costs etc.

Last edited:
In gun stores, there's only three places they make money: 1) used guns, 2) accessories, 3) services, like smithing and training.

Unless you're desperate, do not ever sell a gun to a gun shop or pawn shop. Because only a fool of a business owner would pay you more than 50-55% of the value of that gun, that will need to sit on their shelves and lock up working capital until it is sold. That's their target percentage, virtually always - and those who don't follow that rule usually end up going out of business.

As others have noted, gunbroker and some other places online are a much better opportunity for getting the most out of your guns. You might as well post on here too, since you're Classifieds Approved.

KenLee

WKR
Haha, not a fed, not really into

Thanks for the ideas.

SKS sporterized
03-A3 sporterized
Model 99 can be a hot item, depending on series and caliber

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads