Where to Buy Garmin InReach?

Crusader

WKR
Hey guys. This kind of piggybacks on the thread about the InReach saving my bacon. I've been thinking of getting one of these for a while and I guess that thread has won me over.

I still haven't decided which one to get, the Mini 2 or the Messenger. Pros and cons for each, for sure, like unit size, cost, antenna strength, battery, etc.

Really, I have two questions, first, which one do you guys like better?

Second, where's the best deal on them? I'm thinking maybe Cabela's hunting classic sale which shouldn't be too far away, might have a deal on them. But if you guys know of a bargain source, let me know.

Thanks in advance!

I can’t answer question 1 as I’ve only had the original mini.

In regards to where to buy - for the most part Garmin uses MAP so it’s the same price everywhere. If you’re a veteran or first responder, have a work discount or any other way to use a specific vendor that’s one way to get a little off. The other way would be GoHunt since they kick a little back on each purchase. Be sure to use an authorized retailer.

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I just got 2 on amazon. Oddly, the price was different in 2 different windows. It came from a 3rd party too, not Garmin even tho it said Garmin Store.

No funny business, just observations.

The 2 I got are sequential in serial #.

BBob

WKR
S&S Archery? They're a Garmin dealer and have been known to give under the table RS discounts. It'd be worth an ask plus they usually have great comms and info when asked questions. I bought mine from REI during a sale which was cheapest at the time.

My only experience is the Mini 2 and it works fine so I haven't pursued anything else.

keller

WKR
I bought the messenger from cabelas. Can stack coupons with them and if you have their credit card they run 10% off frequently and deals if you spend x amount more $ off.