where do you keep your range finder?

sk1

WKR
i've looked at various harness systems to hold my binos and range finder as i would like to find a more accessible way to carry them. the last several seasons my rangefinder has been in my cargo pants pocket, which is sometimes nice and other times a pain in the a$$

where is your rangefinder when archery hunting?

I use a pouch on my belt or backpack. I don't need any more stuff hanging around my neck, and usually, if a rangefinder is needed, there is enough time to get it out of a pouch.

I loop the lanyard around a belt loop and keep the rangefinder in the cargo pocket of my pants. I'm not sold on the idea of keeping it attached to my pack in case I want to drop the pack to stalk.

muleman

WKR
I loop the lanyard around a belt loop and keep the rangefinder in the cargo pocket of my pants. I'm not sold on the idea of keeping it attached to my pack in case I want to drop the pack to stalk.

I keep it on the waist belt of my pack. I have had to move it when I've dropped my pack to complete a stock.

rye_a

Lil-Rokslider
I'm going to attach the case to a Tek Lok so I can out it on a pack strap, my belt, my bino strap or wherever I want it.

TJ

WKR
Keep us updated, pretty inexpensive option but the one issue I see is that it can bounce/flop around which when on the move quickly could be a problem.

They provide a strap that holds it to your bino harness when traveling. Pretty easy to use even with the strap on.

I've used it for about a month on the 3D range near home.
So far I think it will be a keeper.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I keep it in a belt pack, and throw it in a cargo pocket for the stalk.

I also like to leave it in the woods sometimes so I get to visit the area again later to find it.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
I also like to leave it in the woods sometimes so I get to visit the area again later to find it.

been there done that....several times. a wide open cargo pocket for easy access and stalking an animal is a recipe for go back and find it

I have an elk hunting buddy that ties orange flagging tape on all of his gear. He swears manufacturers make all of our gadgets in camp so that we will lose them and have to buy new ones.

ElkNut1

WKR
I have mine attached to a range snap. Slickest thing I've ever used, it attaches to my bino harness on my right or left shoulder! You will never remove or lose it there. When used or not it stays on the snap & it's always at your finger tips when needed!

ElkNut1

dotman

WKR
What I do not recommend is the S4 gear system, freakin thing fell apart on me 2/3 of the way through my season last year. Glad I was holding my range finder when it happened or I would have been walking back searching for it. The last 1/3 of last season it was back in the cargo pocket.

I'm going with the FHF bino case this year and it wasn't much more for the range finder pouch which can mount on the bino case strap or pack belt.

Last edited: