When should outfitters or guides have idea where deer are?

As season approaches, I had the question to ponder when it would be appropriate for outfitters and guides to determine key focus areas for deer. Meaning if you have a hunt scheduled, when would you expect to know locations to get into for glassing?

sndmn11

"DADDY"
Two years to two minutes before.

Mule deer are fun because they don't care what you think they should be doing, and they are content being alone in places you wouldn't think they should be, or content to lay in the same spot for hours while you stare at them without seeing them.

ropeup79

Lil-Rokslider
When I get there. If they don’t have at least a good idea of where to find whatever species I’m looking for then what am I paying them for. I haven’t been on a guided hunt before to be transparent.

hunterjmj

WKR
They probably hit up the same places they see deer every year. Mule deer can be anywhere but they tend to be in the same places year after year. I hit many of the same glassing knobs year after year and it just works. I've never been on a guided hunt btw.

IBen

WKR
When I get there. If they don’t have at least a good idea of where to find whatever species I’m looking for then what am I paying them for. I haven’t been on a guided hunt before to be transparent.
You’re paying them because you failed on your previous public land diy’s and you dont have the time or knowledge to find your own spot.

IBen

WKR
As season approaches, I had the question to ponder when it would be appropriate for outfitters and guides to determine key focus areas for deer. Meaning if you have a hunt scheduled, when would you expect to know locations to get into for glassing?
They’re wild animals not farm animals