When did sights become so expensive?

Sights got expensive when people started paying more for them. The market wanted slider sights and they built them better. Some of the cheaper built sliders should be $125-150 max. Those $400 black gold sights are a real disappointment. They should be in the lower price range. A nice quality sight should go for $200-300 at the upper end. The UV sights have no justification for their price, other than somebody out there is paying for it. It's hard to beat the value of a fast eddie 2 pin. CBE and axcel used to have a pretty good value too but they've gone up and the quality has gone down.

So, in short, stop paying too much for your sights and the market will correct.
If MBG sights are a disappointment why has mine lasted so long and still going strong? Some will like them and some won’t. Just like how I don’t like SH sights but I wouldn’t call them a disappointment. I just don’t like the way they use the yardage indicator on their slider but it’s a great sight. A new double vertical slider from MBG will go on a new bow I get this next year and the old one will stay on the old bow for a backup.

Sled

WKR
If MBG sights are a disappointment why has mine lasted so long and still going strong? Some will like them and some won’t. Just like how I don’t like SH sights but I wouldn’t call them a disappointment. I just don’t like the way they use the yardage indicator on their slider but it’s a great sight. A new double vertical slider from MBG will go on a new bow I get this next year and the old one will stay on the old bow for a backup.

To each their own but mine have disappointed me. My black gold sights have fallen apart quicker than any others I've used. They started with loose tolerances which makes manufacturing easier and cheaper. They do have the best fiber on the market though.

I'm not a fan of the spot hog yardage indicator either. It should be on the shelf side of the riser but the rest of the sight is superior to others I've used. We'll see how long it holds up.

I would expect a fixed sight with no micro adjustments to hold up longer than a bow. If that's what you're running, great for you. I have a dozen to years on a CBE slider that is showing its age. I have a fixed 3 pin that's 30 years old and more solid than any others I own. That doesn't mean I want to use it on my current setup or even compare it to what I have on my bows now.

I’m sure there are lemons that happen in all companies and problems in manufacturing. I’ve had a couple of SH’s, MBG, HHA, CBE, and a few others mixed in there somewhere. All of them have had good things and bad things. The only reason I don’t shoot SH is because of the indicator. My last one was before they even made a slider. It was a 5 pin and the dang set screws that held each pin were stripped. I had to replace them on a brand new sight. Great sight overall though.

nphunter

WKR
Buy used, I pay for a lot of my archery equipment by buying used equipment super cheap and flipping it. Watch the classifieds and eBay and jump on good deals.

I do the same with camo, arrows and gear. I have a closet full of Sitka, kuiu and FL. Don’t think I’ve ever paid more than 50% or retail for any of it, this winter I got 4 FL shirts and 2 pairs of like new Kuiu attack pants for $60 for all of it. Just picked up a like new $900 Stone Glaicer sky 5900 for $315 on the FB classified. I have two dozen pro comps I’m shooting and think I’m in them like $150 total.

Sometime you have to buy stuff when you don’t really need it.

OP
Z

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
When did bows get so expensive?

I agree, that’s for the guys who have more money than they know what to do with. Makes me feel better about paying $425 for my “new” bow with a rest…

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
You ever notice how the majority of hunting related company owners/managers and influencers all drive 80-100K trucks?

Inflation my ass.

WCB

WKR
You ever notice how the majority of hunting related company owners/managers and influencers all drive 80-100K trucks?

Inflation my ass.
So a guy that owns a business shouldn't reap the rewards of his investment at the same to providing jobs? Even more so if they are large widely popular brands? Also, if you are buying items in the "hunting related" line of products for the most part you are buying a luxury/entertainment item that you want...not something you need. For a bow sight a simple Trophy Ridge sight will work fine and cost $50...single pin slider $150.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
So a guy that owns a business shouldn't reap the rewards of his investment at the same to providing jobs? Even more so if they are large widely popular brands? Also, if you are buying items in the "hunting related" line of products for the most part you are buying a luxury/entertainment item that you want...not something you need. For a bow sight a simple Trophy Ridge sight will work fine and cost $50...single pin slider $150.

That’s fine just don’t blame inflation while driving your ford raptor pulling your Malibu boat.

Too many companies selling cheap aluminum parts for 500% profit, it is the consumers fault for over paying no doubt. It’s not inflation in this example. Not that big a deal I guess, I’m more annoyed at companies like gohunt ruining the resource and opportunity for blue collared folk while driving luxury trucks around.

TheHammer

WKR

Inflation my ass.
They put a business sticker on it and it’s a write off. You either leverage debt into assets or work for someone who does. Pay yourself with things or donate it to a government who’s out of control and they spend it on something that makes even less sense.

New bows are a small fortune, I got a decent deal on a new carbon setup, a slight in store discount on accessories and it still came out to 2400$. As for the 4000$ bow tech, sales on that hopefully are a flop, that’s nonsense.