When a crossbow is discounted $900 you know that's a bad mf

OP
Blandry

Blandry

WKR
I want one!!! 200 yds archery.. gotta get around the gov
guessing this will be an archery and black powder site in the next decade

i bought the r29 for my wife and maybe i got lemon but the sting and cables snapped twice in 2 years. once when i had it cocked sitting in the blind. and another decocked in its case in the house.

Ravin actually gave me a brand new one for free but I traded that in right away for another mathews v3 and mission crossbow.

I think that package has too much energy for how small it is. its just too violent over time and preloaded tension.

i bought the r29 for my wife and maybe i got lemon but the sting and cables snapped twice in 2 years. once when i had it cocked sitting in the blind. and another decocked in its case in the house.

Ravin actually gave me a brand new one for free but I traded that in right away for another mathews v3 and mission crossbow.

I think that package has too much energy for how small it is. its just too violent over time and preloaded tension.

Well you basically dry fire most crossbows every time you shoot them. 400 gr bolt, 250# limbs or whatever they are upto now.

But I suspect most crossbows don't see more than a handful of shots per year.

Well you basically dry fire most crossbows every time you shoot them. 400 gr bolt, 250# limbs or whatever they are upto now.

Ya I would agree. You don’t shoot it for fun lol

tclipse

Lil-Rokslider

How long were you leaving it cocked in the case? User manual says don't leave it cocked for more than 24 hours. Could be the issue if you're letting it sit that way.

I put 200 shots through mine over 2 years and am just now replacing strings for the first time. It has been great, it's a beast.

How long were you leaving it cocked in the case? User manual says don't leave it cocked for more than 24 hours. Could be the issue if you're letting it sit that way.

I put 200 shots through mine over 2 years and am just now replacing strings for the first time. It has been great, it's a beast.
i never left it cocked in the case. im sure some have great luck and some dont. There was enough issues to warrant a complete new design.