What's your "Happy place"?

Team4LongGun

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well now everyone will think I'm being funny after Rob's CLEARLY sarcastic post ;)

Top of the mountain, first light sitting on the spine with the anticipation of what I will glass and hunt.

Traveler

WKR
A few spots in the CO mountains camping or hunting with family. A creek I fished outside choteau, mt as a kid. High point on family ranch. In a small boat on a clear night 20 miles offshore.

I have a spot on one of the farms, hill top that is largely removed from view of others. Roads are close enough that you can sometimes hear vehicles, but pretty quiet. Can see a pretty good ways in most all directions, have watched many Easter sunrises there, got engaged there, a few good companions buried close by. Probably where my ashes will be spread.

WCB

WKR
Too many to count...many trout streams across multiple states, Mountain ridges and valleys in MT and WY, Sage "waste lands" in WY, SD. Our hunting shack in ND. Laying in a muddy field wind blowing 30mph and absolute chaos of Snow Geese tumbling into the decoys or dead calm sunrise/sunset over a rimrock. The shear panic of a bull screaming through the timber or a buck silently slipping through a tamarack swamp.

Almost any place without people mainly.

dtrkyman

WKR
The Ocean, the Mountains, the Desert, the hardwoods in the Midwest to name a few.

cornchuck

FNG
Mine is not being at work.
Sitting in my hunting blind during our deer gun week.
Laying prone behind a rifle at the range or shooting varmints (this time of the year)

Jason

Cold frosty morning on a mountain somewhere, crunching my granola and wondering if this will be the day I find "the Ram".

Shed hunting, is my happy place.
It’s kinda weird…
I’ve arrowed over a dozen elk, same for deer and I just love the feeling more, walking up on a big shed set vs. a dead elk with a big set.

I dream about elk shed hunting, not hunting elk.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Someone’s wife reads the forum I see…

Mines deep in the wilderness on a long hot hike. I just need to drink a cold beer and happen to run across an NFL cheerleader wilderness training camp and they have beer. And bikinis, low standards, it’s a full moon, haven’t seen a man in a month. Ahhhh take me there Jesus.

Nykki

Lil-Rokslider
Several places for my happy place
Running a river in my jet boat, I really like the sound of the 460 turning at 3 grand.
Not much of a fisherman but like it for the quiet time on the water.
Early morning in September listening to a bull Moose grunt and scrape, and a cow answering. Sounds like meat in the freezer.
I also enjoy being in my shop working on whatever projects I have in the works.

Hard to beat days a horse back with the wife, sitting in the duck blind watching the sunrise, or chasing early morning bugles across ridge tops!

IDVortex

WKR
Central Oregon with the wife, archery hunting in the Metoilus unit back in the day. Camping in the Swan Mountains.

Often times when I'm stressed or want to imagine a place of solitude, I think on my elk spot, the different draws, timbered hillsides, the magical mornings I've spent creeping up to a herd of bugles, or waking up 2 hours before daylight to the sound of rain hitting my teepee and snuggling back into my sleeping bag, enjoying the fact that I get to sleep in. I love that annual trip, and when I'm out there it feels like nothing else in the world matters.... for 2 weeks my only care and objective is to kill a bull elk. Man, I love day dreaming about that...

What's yours???
I read the title, and was already thinking my elk hunting area before I clicked on the thread!

I spend almost 3 weeks backpacking around my happy place unless me and my buddy both tag out each season.
IMG_6658.jpeg

IMG_6657.jpeg

A not so happy moment at sunrise in my happy place, with a large fire burning our way.