What’s wrong with Shockey?

Maybe I need Shockey to coach me up some....

I caught a severe infection from a diseased deer which took month of treatment to eliminate. I've had a bad bout of tick-borne disease lasting months. I've had knee surgery post-hunt for an injury. I've been very sick in hunting camp more than once and pushed through. I know what all this feels like.

I've got nothing but sympathy for a man's true physical ailments, and nothing but scorn when he seeks attention and sympathy for them via SM.

I am a fan. Only know him through his shows. Having dealt with a health issue of two over the years and assured there will be more in my future, I am sympathetic. I also take a different line on his most recent posts. He has been pretty open about his knee issue. Seems like he is sharing this one too. A lot of public figures never share their struggles. they do it for privacy (understandable) and to try to keep up an image (Also somewhat understandable). I think there is a certain degree of integrity to showing both the good and the bad.

as far as the attention seeking, who knows. The social media game is about eyeballs and you have to keep up the flow to stay in business. I don’t judge. It is easy enough for me to tune it in and out. It never really makes sense to me why folks get too spun up about social media attention worse. I don’t follow people I don’t like and I unfollow people that get annoying (I no longer smell what the Rock is cooking). For those I don’t follow, Their crap doesn’t bother me anymore than those garbage TV shows I don’t watch or worthless books I don’t read.

CHWine

Lil-Rokslider
My wife showed me the video of Jim trying to walk. I've been a huge fan of his shows and his business savvy over the years. We've been praying for his wife's health to improve and I hope she continues to hold her own.

I didn't even mind a pic of his knee all swollen up, but the walking video goes too far for me. Its narcissistic and attention getting IMHO and I don't see the benefit of it. I think when you're in front of a camera for that many years, it starts to go to your head. I hope his health improves, but I don't need to see everything.

Cowbell

WKR
I've heard some pretty good stories from friends of mine losing good hunting leases because stories of B&C animals killed on them made it to Shockey. These are wise older men and he's despised amongst them.

Broomd

WKR
J. Shockey's complete disregard for U.S. hunters a couple of years ago during the covid madness was unforgivable. Years of saving for hunts and dreams that went unfulfilled for many, deposits lost, prices ridiculously increased--it was/is all bad.
Lost a ton of respect for the guy when he basically said 'screw you' to those hunters. Shameful stuff.

That said, hoping the health travails improve for him. Having lost a wife to cancer can say that battle is tough even for the strongest of mind and body.

Last edited:
My wife showed me the video of Jim trying to walk. I've been a huge fan of his shows and his business savvy over the years. We've been praying for his wife's health to improve and I hope she continues to hold her own.

I didn't even mind a pic of his knee all swollen up, but the walking video goes too far for me. Its narcissistic and attention getting IMHO and I don't see the benefit of it. I think when you're in front of a camera for that many years, it starts to go to your head. I hope his health improves, but I don't need to see everything.
I remember a story of a President hiding the fact that he could barely walk.......