WHats the story with NOSLER ??

AMac

FNG
With the long term ammo shortages, especially from Nosler and Federal, I recently noticed Norma making huge inroads. Loads of inexpensive Norma Whitetail ammo. Type in "Scheels Norma Ammo", $21.99 for 20 rounds! You probably wont see prices like this for the rest of your life. $1/bullet might be like $1/gallon of gas, a distant memory. Even if you didnt like the bullets, you would still have Norma brass, and the brass sells for $1 ea! Gona get me a few more boxes come payday, Can't loose. I like the looks of their Tipstrike, Bondstrike, Ecostike and as well. Good competition will DRIVE prices down, my search for quality ammo at respectable prices has been successful. Now to replace/reload 20 gauge sabots and never buy another accutip.

Tbonespop

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a bunch of American Eagle in 308 brass around Christmas for $15/20 round box. I know its not the top of the line target ammo, but it gets the job done and my guns shoot it without issue. $0.75/round. Also Nosler has had 308 available in 168 trophy grade AB as of late. Expensive, but you can get it.

Slsnpsy

FNG
Nosler is some of the best ammo I have ever owned and used. Quality is not cheap. Considering how much ammo Nosler sells, its pretty evident that alot of people agree its top notch. Granted MSRP is high, it can retail for 1/3 less. Ive had multiple people offer me $120 a box for 7mm rem mag accubonds.

Sure glad I stocked up on my nosler bullets when I did. My advice, go to some local gun shows.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Wildone

FNG
Been looking hard for a while now for .358 cal bullets between 200 and 225 grains. Can’t seem to locate anything other than some Hornady.

Been looking hard for a while now for .358 cal bullets between 200 and 225 grains. Can’t seem to locate anything other than some Hornady.

That’s a good point about Hornady. Why is it they can get bullets to the market but everyone else (Berger, Nosler, Sierra, Barnes) can’t?

What are they doing different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shraggs

WKR
Sure glad I stocked up on my nosler bullets when I did. My advice, go to some local gun shows.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Fwiw, I work as a vendor selling at gun shows, about 20 annually, those types of premium components just arent at modern gun shows. Occasionally powder, but bullets we all use here, be very surprised if you found some. Hand guns, ammo and related components including 233/556 snd 308.

Sone ammo dealers will have decent hunting ammo, but it is almost always hornady.

I’d drive to all the local gun stores as often as possible

grfox92

WKR
I've been noticing Nosler brass showing up in places but mostly odd ball stuff like 28 Nosler for example.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

S.Radke

FNG
Does anyone know what's up with Nosler, they seem to be the only manufacturer who raised the MSRP, (significantly) and are routinely unavailable. Been looking for well over a year for 30 cal AB and Partitions for a hunt in 23!
I have abandoned using Nosler in a few rifles because I can not find the Noslers that i have built loads around.

Barnes, Sierra, and Hornady seem to be taking care of customers just fine!

Is it production capacity, manpower or raw materials?
I've been needing 180gr 300 win mag for about 2 years now and refuse to pay 90 to 110 dollars for a box. Wish I would have bought more at $50🥲

Does anyone know what's up with Nosler, they seem to be the only manufacturer who raised the MSRP, (significantly) and are routinely unavailable. Been looking for well over a year for 30 cal AB and Partitions for a hunt in 23!
I have abandoned using Nosler in a few rifles because I can not find the Noslers that i have built loads around.

Barnes, Sierra, and Hornady seem to be taking care of customers just fine!

Is it production capacity, manpower or raw materials?
The variables you mentioned seem to imply it’s a problem based on material acquisition.

With the long term ammo shortages, especially from Nosler and Federal, I recently noticed Norma making huge inroads. Loads of inexpensive Norma Whitetail ammo. Type in "Scheels Norma Ammo", $21.99 for 20 rounds! You probably wont see prices like this for the rest of your life. $1/bullet might be like $1/gallon of gas, a distant memory. Even if you didnt like the bullets, you would still have Norma brass, and the brass sells for $1 ea! Gona get me a few more boxes come payday, Can't loose. I like the looks of their Tipstrike, Bondstrike, Ecostike and as well. Good competition will DRIVE prices down, my search for quality ammo at respectable prices has been successful. Now to replace/reload 20 gauge sabots and never buy another accutip.
I killed a few deer with the Norma loaded stuff this year in a .308. The bullets performed absolutely perfect. I found one of them in a buck I shot hard quartering as it was running from me. Perfect mushroom. Traveled the length of the body and lodged under the skin. Every ounce of energy delivered.

The others I never found the bullet. But, the exit showed a perfect mushroom hole the size of a quarter.

I was skeptical when I bought them. But, I needed the brass and with the cost of the loaded ammo, it was impossible not to buy them.

Rest assured, their whitetail loads are spot on. Plus, very affordable. And plenty accurate. They are sub moa in my gun.

I shoot Norma with my .308 and it’s the best I’ve found box to box. Killed a white tail and red stag with 170 grain tip strike (orange tip). Shooting the 143 bonded (blue tip) out of my 6.5. Going to try the 180s for the 300 off I can find them. I did just find a dude in Indiana selling the federal 180 accubond for 300 wm. $126/box of 20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk