What’s the coolest thing you found in the back country

Some more pics of stuff I have found. Mostly native american type stuff but I find it interesting.

Arrowheads, a drill point and a scraper/skinner all found this year. I think I have found a couple others this year but I don't have pics of them.
View attachment 247226

I find quite a bit of petroglyphs around this area. These are some of the only ones I've found that look like a mule deer to me.
View attachment 247227
View attachment 247237

I thought this one was cool. A lot of petroglyphs here have the sheep/goat looking critters.

View attachment 247225

I've found other writings in the rocks.

View attachment 247230View attachment 247231View attachment 247229

I found this bunker or mine in the rock and sage country. I'm not sure what it was built for.

View attachment 247233
View attachment 247228

I've heard rumors about the Spanish burying gold along the Old Spanish Trail that runs right through this area. I'm not sure how true that is. The area below this pic was excavated out. These look like crosses/crucifix symbols to me, not native. Someone else might have a better idea than me though. I haven't done any research on those rumors either.

View attachment 247239
Awesome finds!
Backcountry hunt for caribou. We were walking along a riverbed when I found an ancient Athabaskan stone axe head.
Big country out there.
View attachment 659546View attachment 659547
nice find!

Ran across a tornado track high up in the Crazy Mountains in MT. Took me a while to figure out what I was looking at- 25-30' wide swath where every tree was completely uprooted, broken and thrown in every direction. Couldn't figure out what kind of machine could do that, or why. Then it hit me (never seen a tornado or been in areas that have them). Went across the heavily treed hillside as far as I could see in both directions. Amazing amount of force to do that much damage. I'll try and find a pic or two and post them.

I guess I only took a short video and I can't post a vid here so here's a pic from the video.
View attachment 749232
That’s wild looking.

Not really back country, but walking some foothills where I like to hunt mule deer I saw the flash of a shed. It was just a little fork but when I picked it up there was an old knife on the ground underneath it with the leather washer handle rotted away. Still have it in the shop somewhere, someday I'll put it all back together.
I found one the same way, old timer stuck in the ground, leather rotted away. I made a deer antler handle and sharpened her up.