What’s the coolest thing you found in the back country

Bolt

Lil-Rokslider
Depending on you past experience with split tail at the time, you could also post this experience in the thread, "things youve lost in the back country"
That would have been a first for sure but wasn't. I may have missed the opportunity if I didn't know any better.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Found this in nevada far far away from anything that even loosely resembled a road
370c8111f25d5b8f77c9f08e6dfa7af8.jpg

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

Rotnguns

Lil-Rokslider
Way way back in the day, in the mid sixties, there actually was sort of a "back country" in the hills of Castro Valley, California. While exploring as a ten-year old, I found a femur that was later identified as belonging to a camel. Turns out that there was a short-lived population of them stemming from a brief experiment by the US Cavalry; didn't work out and many were turned loose.

I've found several shot-up cars and trucks from the 40s and 50s miles from any trail or road. Makes you wonder how is the hell they got back there and why.
you'd be surprised at how fast nature will take back old road beds, two tracks, and rail road lines and you'd think they were never there.

Here in the southern Appalachians you'll find old logging train tracks in places you'd never think a train would get to. I found a winch that was probably 10+ tons bolted to a huge rock outcrop. cable on the drum was probably an 1"+ thick. did some digging and they used it to control a train going back down the mountain fully loaded because it was so steep in sections. but the train, tracks and everything else is gone and no signs of it.