Whats on your Christmas list?

Mosby

WKR
I got myself a couple new Goose calls for Christmas. I'm getting back into waterfowl hunting.

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
Starting your list before thanksgiving isn’t an issue. Decorate for Christmas before thanksgiving should be punishable by death.

I used to have that same thought as my birthday is 11-26. Now that I have a young child and a busy wife, I tell my wife to get it done as early after Halloween as she wants to so they both enjoy it. I'm at deer camp during the set up and take down, so what's it matter. If they are happy & I am hunting, what's it hurt?

CorbLand

WKR
I used to have that same thought as my birthday is 11-26. Now that I have a young child and a busy wife, I tell my wife to get it done as early after Halloween as she wants to so they both enjoy it. I'm at deer camp during the set up and take down, so what's it matter. If they are happy & I am hunting, what's it hurt?
It doesn’t hurt anything but your skipping a holiday. Christmas time is special because it comes once a year, make it six months a year and it’s no longer special. That’s my rant.

intunegp

WKR
I've always hated making Christmas lists...feels like "hey, go buy me this" and there's no thought behind it from either side. If someone wants to get me a gift, I'd like them to think about what they know about me and my hobbies and choose something that they think I would like.

That said, I keep a running Amazon wishlist that I send to multiple family members every year because they can't handle my idea. Over the years, gift giving and receiving has become my least favorite part of the holidays.

I'll be grabbing some scope rings on black friday, either MDT Elite or ARC M-Brace if the elites don't go on sale. For something I can wait until Christmas for, probably Aadland scope caps for my new scope that the rings are for.

MThuntr

WKR
Defiance Anti X LA MBF
Proof 20" .284 5R Sendero
TI Pro Brake
Triggertech Diamond Flat Shoe
Trigger Pins
Hawkins Action Screws
Hawkins Hunter Mag
XLR Folder Chassis
Hawkins Scope Rings 30mm Low
NF NXS 3.5-15x 50mm
Just put together a black Friday shopping list today 🤣
What you got cooking?

twall13

WKR
While I kinda hate that I have to make a wish list, if I don't, I end up with a gift card to somewhere I don't care to shop so I find I'm better off making a list. If they're going to spend the money, it might as well not go to waste, even though the whole obligatory concept is stupid. My birthday is right around Christmas so it kind of doubles up anyway. My wife hates that. I'd prefer a gift with some actual thought behind it and something I likely wouldn't get for myself, but it is what it is. Here are a few things on my list for the year.

-A few more Sage and Braker gun cleaning sets. Specifically 16 Ga. and 6.5 MM
-An Ivory Holster to put on my Exo K4 pack
-Some Gear Aid Tenacious tape as I'm about out
-Wildlife art or photography (I almost always put this on my list as it's something I'd really like but won't splurge on personally. That said, it's been on the list for about 5 years and I've yet to receive anything even after providing links to specific pieces I'd like.)

The reality is I enjoy getting gifts for my kids and wife a lot more than receiving them. I enjoy thinking about what they would like/need and figuring out something personal to get them.

Mojave

WKR
Starting your list before Thanksgiving isn’t an issue. Decorate for Christmas before Thanksgiving should be punishable by death.

I hate Halloween, not overly religiously zealotry but I don't believe in what has become a celebration of death and prostitution.

My wife doesn't like Halloween either. We don't do anything other than pumpkins on the front of the house, and we do not hand out candy anymore. We walk our kids around the neighborhood and then we come

But she won't let me decorate before Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving is the shit, easily my favorite holiday other than the 4th of July.

Love Christmas, I have fond memories of Christmas as a child, and I try to give my children the same thing.

CorbLand

WKR
I hate Halloween, not overly religiously zealotry but I don't believe in what has become a celebration of death and prostitution.

My wife doesn't like Halloween either. We don't do anything other than pumpkins on the front of the house, and we do not hand out candy anymore. We walk our kids around the neighborhood and then we come

But she won't let me decorate before Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving is the shit, easily my favorite holiday other than the 4th of July.

Love Christmas, I have fond memories of Christmas as a child, and I try to give my children the same thing.
Pretty much the same. Although, I have never liked Halloween, even as a little kid. Isnt my jam.

Fourth of July is a good time to get together with friends, drink beer and Merica it the **** up.

Thanksgiving is a good time to get together as family and spend time together. Headed out hunting with my brothers and niece this year on Friday and Saturday. First time I have been hunting with them in 7 years.

Christmas is a good time to get together as family and be with each other. This one is hard because we are all spread out and live where roads are generally not good in the winter so traveling is limited.

Screw the actual holiday, its all about getting together for me.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
So anyway… Ignoring all the grinch posts.

I love Christmas! Love giving and receiving gifts and getting together and eating way too much good food. Especially with young kids it’s just too much fun.

We go a “gift exchange” for the adults where my mom draws names out of hat. I have 6 siblings so it makes for a fun time.

I’m very lucky in that, I make good money, and can buy whatever I want/need for my hobbies. It’s still fun to make a list for folks who know I will use and love what they get me.

My list, for the person that draws me this year; and for my parents who still tend to splurge on all of us even though we are all 40 or close to it now, is…

.Stormy Kromer Rancher Hat Blaze Orange
.Stormy Kromer Wool Button Up Shirt
.Phoneskope Eye Piece for Meopta 15s
.Smartwool Socks
.Tyto replaceable blades
.Fjallraven Vidda Pro Ventilated Pants
.Promark 7A drum sticks
.Hornady 175 ELDX bullets