What's in your pockets?

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I love all the what's in your pack, how much does it weigh threads but whats in those cargo / jacket pockets?

For me its gloves, rf tethered to belt loop, t.p., lighter with duct tape, map & compass, snack bar, beanie, basic wallet with tag, swiss army knife.

Man that seems like alot to carry in your pockets. I like to carry most stuff in my pack. Ill carry my pocket knife, chapstick, and a map if im using one in my pockets but that's about it. I start to fill very bulky and weighed down if my pockets are full.

OP
fngTony

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Man that seems like alot to carry in your pockets. I like to carry most stuff in my pack. Ill carry my pocket knife, chapstick, and a map if im using one in my pockets but that's about it. I start to fill very bulky and weighed down if my pockets are full.
It actually only weighs out to 18 ounces the range finder is the only cumbersome thing for me (8.5 ounces). Would put in chest pocket but not always wearing a top with a pocket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I try to keep pockets light, usually my wallet and chapstick in one side phone in the other, and Copenhagen in the back. Everything else is in my pack. Got an easy roll on face paint in my AGC bino case. And calls in the back pocket of that as well. O my rangefinder is usually in a pocket as well. I also have wind checker in my bino case on the side. And gloves in a lower pocket on my pants. This way I can drop my pack and stalk if needed and still have the basics. Used to carry scent spray and estrus in a cargo pouch but gave that up now it's on the hip belt of my pack. I'm downsizing my pack now have a blue widow from eberlestock but now that I'll be horseback a lot more thinking of going with the x2 pack. The blue widow is to bulky to haul on a horse all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dromsky

Lil-Rokslider
Gloves, left in left pocket, right in right so don't have too sort them out in the dark, chapstick, snacks, beanie, 2 extra rounds (learned that the hard way).

I also just purchased some mouth reed holders, from bend-able products that can clip on my hat or belt or something so hopefully I don't have to carry the little plastic case anymore and search for different reeds. My pockets don't change much between archery and rifle seasons may throw in a beanie during rifle season but I mostly wear stormy Kromer hats for hunting now. Ball cap during archery with a c4e beanie if needed underneath. But have a camo, blaze and green stormy Kromer hats for the different seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It actually only weighs out to 18 ounces the range finder is the only cumbersome thing for me (8.5 ounces). Would put in chest pocket but not always wearing a top with a pocket.

My range finder stays attached to my FHF harness. Readily available at a moments notice

OP
fngTony

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Will get a bino harness when I upgrade my binos. Looking to down size those anyway

oldgoat

WKR
Varies, but there is always a can of snuff! Usually chap stick too and handkerchief. 46Rail pants have basically minimal pocket room.

In my pants pocket I only carry chapstick and windchecker. In my jacket or t shirt pocket I'll carry extra elk mouth reeds (if hunting elk). I don't like bulky pockets when I'm hunting.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I rifle hunt so I have to have a blaze vest on that I augment with some pockets and stuff I want to have along even if I drop my pack. License, knife, lighter, compass, whistle are always in there. The front cargo pockets on it will see things like binos/rangefinder/gps/hat/gloves rotated through depending on what I need readily at hand versus tucked into the pack or a belt/pack pocket.

elkyinzer

WKR
At the beginning of the day usually calls, chap stik, gps and rangefinder.

At the end of the day it's anyone's guess as to what I will lose and pick up along the way. I have an incredible knack for losing chap stik. In fact I don't think I have ever finished a single tube before losing it.

OP
fngTony

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks guys looks like I need to add some Copenhagen😃

oldgoat

WKR
At the beginning of the day usually calls, chap stik, gps and rangefinder.

At the end of the day it's anyone's guess as to what I will lose and pick up along the way. I have an incredible knack for losing chap stik. In fact I don't think I have ever finished a single tube before losing it.

I'm 52 years old and I just recently finished my first tube of chap stick! Keep hammering and you can accomplish it too😁

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I keep my RF in my left front pocket. Wind checker in my left cargo pocket, with my watch. Assorted calls in my right cargo pocket. GPS in my right front pocket. I have a small pocket with paracord lanyard around my neck with my elk diaphragms in it. I also keep two strips of orange marking tape in my pocket. I either drop one immediately at the place of shot or tie it to a branch, then tie one on where the animal was standing at the shot. So I can go back and line everything up later if I have to.