What's everyone's favorite kuiu top/jacket?

KSBackCountryHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Wanting to explore the kuiu line more - what's everyone's go to top and or jacket or both?
Favorite pieces? I bought the Kuiu Gila for my early Sept. hunt and it was great so wanting to grab a few more pieces but so many options - figured I would ask folks who have been wearing it what they prefer!
Was looking at a merino layer an then maybe the Kenai but not sure.
Living in CO - so Sept thru late Oct hunting usually - sometimes later but have a good big puffy already - then head to KS every year to visit family and whitetail hunt.
Appreciate any feedback and interested to hear what everyone's favorite piece/pieces are!!

-Eric

Shirt
Peloton 118 LS Zip-T (nice to be able to dump heat by unzipping; harder to do with regular shirt). I will wear a SS Ultra Merino underneath if I know at some point during the day I'm going to be sweating (heat and/or exertion) but temperatures will be cool enough to wear a LS shirt but not cold enough to wear some insulation (ex: StrongFleece).

Insulation (Jacket)
I have the Kenai but I have never taken it on a hunt (including multiple trips to AK). I have always taken my down puffier. If you go the down route, grab the PRO (or comparable) and skip over the ULTRA (or comparable). It's only a bit more money and a bit more weight, but quite a bit warmer.

Jacket
Use a rain jacket if camp is on your back otherwise the use the old Kutana or the Axis. I am a fan of the Peloton 240 and it has served me well on all hunts including multiple ones in AK.

Wright406

WKR
Base layer- Peleton 118 SS
Mid layer- Pro Merino Hoodie
Synthetic insulation- Kenai
Down- Super down pro if only needing one down to rule them all.

Wright406

WKR
Forgot to add that my favorite all around piece would be the Peleton 240 Hoodie. If it had pit zips it would be perfect. Slightly wind resistant with a nice grid exterior and fleeced interior makes it perfect for colder days while still being able to stalk. great warmth to weight ratio in my opinion.

Bump79

WKR
I'm a huge Peloton 200 fan. 97 is light and warm for the weight but it isn't quite as versatile or durable for me. Kenai fit was really off for me and the durability of the face fabric is very low.

peloton 240 and the kutana hybrid. very comfortable, plenty warm when layered together and do a surprisingly good job of blocking wind.
What’s the role for the Kutana Hybrid? I have one but can’t figure out exactly what it was meant for. What does/can it replace?

What’s the role for the Kutana Hybrid? I have one but can’t figure out exactly what it was meant for. What does/can it replace?
its a flexible for me as mid or outer layer. it breaths well, provides the right amount of warmth for chilly mornings or evenings, and is very comfortable. its water resistant enough to handle a light amount of rain or snow.

ccarter

FNG
For me, I wear it instead of wearing one of their other fleece mid layers. Slightly insulated and more wind resistant than their other mid layers, full zip for venting and easy on/off, just 12 or 13 ounces to pack. It's also low profile enough to shoot a bow or wear under a thicker puffy. It's a pretty versatile piece. Unfortunately, they don't make it any more.

AZxp

FNG
Guide jacket gets the most burn from me. I don't deal with too much rain or snow late season but I am busting through terrible brush. I get 3 years before the tears start to be a problem; which is a lot more than I can say for other jackets

Badger327

FNG
It's the Chugach jacket for me nice stretch, works well to keep me dry, light compact and reasonably durable. I've had Katana Hybrid (glorified fleece?), Axis Hybrid (no draft flap, and no 2-way hood adjustment), Guide jacket (ok but prefer Sitka windproof soft shell). Still have Superdown Ultra and Pro Merano 200 hoodie along with the Chugach.

pawlyb

FNG
Pro Merino 200 is the comfiest shirt I've ever worn.

Versa jacket is a great light puffy or midlayer - now doesn't exist and Kenai probably better

Ultra down is amazing warmth to weight ratio, but probably doesn't take you below freezing if there's any wind at all.

Yukon gaiters take a beating and do great

Axis Jacket and Pants bead water off, have great warmth and yet can vent heat quick, appear fairly tough. Not the quietest though

Wanting to explore the kuiu line more - what's everyone's go to top and or jacket or both?
Favorite pieces? I bought the Kuiu Gila for my early Sept. hunt and it was great so wanting to grab a few more pieces but so many options - figured I would ask folks who have been wearing it what they prefer!
Was looking at a merino layer an then maybe the Kenai but not sure.
Living in CO - so Sept thru late Oct hunting usually - sometimes later but have a good big puffy already - then head to KS every year to visit family and whitetail hunt.
Appreciate any feedback and interested to hear what everyone's favorite piece/pieces are!!

-Eric
I just picked up the Kenai to replace my Arc’teryx Atom with. It’s a great jacket, very warm and light but I would for sure be careful if using it an outer layer if you’re doing any sort of bushwhacking as the outer fabric is super light.