What’s a good everyday shoe?

texjitter

Lil-Rokslider
I like the Danner Jag Low, been wearing them for a year now with no complaints

Axlrod

WKR
KEEN Targee II or similar mid length Keens. I put on 5 miles a day on hard surfaces and they work well for me. I replace them every 2 months. They work well for light hiking etc. but for hunting/hiking in rough terrain I wear Crispis or Kenetrek.

peterk123

WKR
If money was no object I think I would go for the Schnees Kestrel. I have been so tempted but I just can't justify the cost, especially since I own the Beartooth 0 gram. I would like a boot though that would be cooler to wear. I just sweat in leather boots. But I destroy non leather ones.

I have the Oboz Bridgers. Nice uppers, albeit warm, but I just hate the soles. Too slippery in mud and stuff. Something to be said for nice soles like vibram.

LuvDog

FNG
Similar to a Nike running shoe, but IMO much better, more comfortable and more durable, I've been wearing Allbirds Wool runner. I've had mine for 6 months, done plenty of hikes and even lugged around a 30 lb pack with them for a day. I got a pair for my wife and she loves them as well.
I tried to like allbirds, but they just didn’t fit well. I wear a wide and the toe box in the allbirds was just a little too narrow. Hoke One One also has a wool runner and it’s much more comfortable.

Franger

FNG
I’m a Viking for shoes. Probably my favorite gear. For daily wear...

Lems Trailhead (for traveling and around town errands)
La Sportiva TX3 (for cross training and casual offroad/yard use)
Nike Metcon 7 (lifting and less mobile cross training)
Salomon Speedcross (trail running, light hiking)
Olukai ‘Ohana (best flops for arch support)

Im mixing those five together on any given day. The biggest surprise has been the Lems. Great shoes that can flex into a number of roles.

TheGDog

WKR
Columbia makes a Trail-Runner and I've really been liking it. And when they get dusty/dirty, like from going to the Dog Park... you can hose em out from inside since they have some mesh but it's not all mesh, which I like it better that way, less dirt and dust gets in to your socks. The tread pattern is nice and aggressive to.

Oh and those Hey Dude shoes/slippers somebody here turned me onto are awesome! These would be kick butt last minute sandals for final stalk-in, the soles are soo silent!

TheGDog

WKR
The Salomon's with the speed lace thing? Nope. Don't do it. It's great for a you got back to the truck from your hunt and want to easily change into them for the drive back home kinda shoe. But that lacing system? It sucks, it doesn't keep the laces tight to the position you cinched it to. It just can't. Again they're GREAT for a sorta of after the hunt quick to change into footwear to let your feet expand back out. I used them exactly for that for some time. But like I said, the lacing system IMO doesn't hold them cinched down tightly enough that I'd commit to trying a hike with them.

They could possibly work better these days, I don't know. Now products with that BOA lacing system... that system Rocks! Had an arrow-release that used the BOA system. I really liked it because I could adjust it juust right. Some footwear has that BOA system too.

OP
L

lacofdfireman

Lil-Rokslider

Ummm. No. That’s one ugly shoe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hondo

WKR
Hanwag Bergler boots. Best fitting and most comfortable footwear that provides a high level of support that I've ever worn. Surprisingly light for a stitched sole constructed boot.

peterk123

WKR
Okay, going outside of the box with this one. You all are probably going to laugh at me.

High quality cowboy boots with walking height heels. Believe it or not, a slightly raised heel is actually good for you because it takes strain off the achilles. That is very good if you need to stand all day. No laces to worry about. Just pull them on and off. Get one with at least a 14 inch shaft and you got snake protection. Full leather construction so it will form perfectly to your foot. Looks go in the office, on the street, in the field and in the woods. Steel shank so it provides great support. In short; the perfect boot :)

Anschutz

Lil-Rokslider
Okay, going outside of the box with this one. You all are probably going to laugh at me.

High quality cowboy boots with walking height heels. Believe it or not, a slightly raised heel is actually good for you because it takes strain off the achilles. That is very good if you need to stand all day. No laces to worry about. Just pull them on and off. Get one with at least a 14 inch shaft and you got snake protection. Full leather construction so it will form perfectly to your foot. Looks go in the office, on the street, in the field and in the woods. Steel shank so it provides great support. In short; the perfect boot :)
I was going to say that as well but I don't wear mine once the snow falls. At that point it's BOGs for a slip on boot.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk