What was your CO Elk Draw Result?

Did you win your CO 1st choice tag?

• Wouldn't you know, I drew my third choice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3rd time is not a charm. 4th choice draws do exist!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I put in for a Hail Mary 1st choice and got my 2nd choice archery bull elk + point. It was for one of the new draw GMUs that used to be otc that I have hunted the last few years. Hopefully less hunters and it will be bull only, rather than either sex like it was when it was OTC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put in for a Hail Mary 1st choice and got my 2nd choice archery bull elk + point. It was for one of the new draw GMUs that used to be otc that I have hunted the last few years. Hopefully less hunters and it will be bull only, rather than either sex like it was when it was OTC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brimow

Lil-Rokslider
NADA! 0-4 Elk, Deer, Moose, Sheep. OTC Elk and no deer hunting once again. Thought things would be a little different this year with covid.

OP
DEEF

DEEF

Lil-Rokslider
Im still in shock based on gohunt odds but unit 5011st rifle for me! Unfortunately I didnt think I'd draw & burned 5 wyoming mule deer & 1 antelope pts(damn draw deadlines)for a rifle combo hunt in southern wy I should draw. If I can swing it with wife should be able to head out sat oct 3rd from MO for 4-5 days to try & knock dwn a lope & deer then drop dwn to co to really fill the freezer on an elk. Going to try & pick up a used deep freezer & use my generator to freeze the meat in between hunts. Probably end up eating wy tags but fun dreaming about pulling all 3 off in 14 days! For most part planning solo but a buddy may join me for the elk portion.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
That's a tight timeline, but I think you can do it. Ambitious for sure, but I respect your optimization objective. I did a similar plan in 2018. Pronghorn in south MT and north WY then OTC 2nd rifle for CO bull. Coming for zero elevation was tough in CO. I had two hunt days in MT to start and harvested a buck. Dropped down to WY and hunted one day, missing an opportunity because I thought a bedded herd would stay put in time for me to go back to the truck for water. Decided opening bull day was more important so I left WY for CO. Saw old sign and boot tracks all eight days with zero elk sighting with the exception of a cow and calf sneaking down into private as I drove a few miles further to my spot in the NF. Pissed about not finding elk, I left the afternoon of my last day driving back up to WY to fill my buck and doe tag. I hunted two days there and filled my buck tag on the last day of the season :) All that said, those were all first-time-there hunt areas and that was my first year hunting pronghorn. I believe if you have the advantage of previous familiarity with your hunt area, your efforts will overcome the time crunch. Hope you clear the bases!

Patton

Lil-Rokslider
Went with points and my hunting partner drew his tag so we’re set.

bz_711

WKR
My oldest son drew his first out of state tag...CO youth muzzy elk...can't wait for him to hear that first bugle:)

My first time in 10 years without my own elk tag...and I couldn't be more excited!

bowhuntrben

Lil-Rokslider
I was planning on taking my dad elk hunting this year and burning his points but backed out last minute just in case some restrictions wouldn’t allow us to actually go. As a result we just got points again this year. Now I’m impatiently waiting for august when turn-backs can be bought...such a long wait!

I was planning on taking my dad elk hunting this year and burning his points but backed out last minute just in case some restrictions wouldn’t allow us to actually go. As a result we just got points again this year. Now I’m impatiently waiting for august when turn-backs can be bought...such a long wait!
Jump in on the secondary draw!

I did not draw. I did not apply for a second choice. I will hunt OTC. Watch out, watch out, watch out! Gonna bring it on home! ;)