What Slider should I get?

No_Murphy

FNG
I am looking to buy a slider sight for next deer season. I want a slider sight as my next one, but am not sure how many pins to get. I mainly hunt whitetail, but will eventually hunt out west with my bow. I have always used horizontal pins, but want to switch to a vertical pin setup. I am thinking 2 pins(maybe 3), but I have read where a lot of people shoot single pin and love it. I am going to want to buy a used slider in case I don't like it I won't be out too much money. The main reason for the slider is to shoot further distances for western hunting and just for practice.

H@mstar19x3

Lil-Rokslider
Bow sights are way, way overpriced. For that reason, I think used Spot Hoggs are the best route. Rock solid. Last for a long, long time. You can resell later for a solid price.

socoalt

WKR
Second on Spott Hogg, I have shot the same fast Eddie for years while all my buddies cycle through the other brands. The only reason why they won’t buy a spot hogg is because of the weight, they are a little heavier

WCB

WKR
#1 Have you ever shot vertical pins? I tried it and I absolutely hated it.

#2 Tried a single pin for 1 season (actually on 2 hunts of a season). Again, hated it. Both hunts had animals move a couple times and had to adjust the pin. Compete B.S.

#2 How far are you comfortable gap shooting (not dialing)? I have 1st pin 27yds, 2nd 40, and 3rd 50 then dial from there.

I am a Black Gold fan. I have had a couple "warranty" issues both my fault. I either got the parts to fix in a couple days or sent it in and got it back within 2 weeks.

cjdewese

WKR
I don't think you could really go wrong with any of the major brands of sliders.

If you live near a bow shop and they will let you see different sliders on your bow, I would look through a vertical pin setup before you buy one.

fatlander

WKR
Double pins are pretty great IMO. Getting that second pin around the 40 yard mark is the ticket. You then easily learn your holdover to 50.

I wish someone would build a sight with spot Hogg durability (without the weight), axcel adjustment, and MBG pins. Until then, it’s a slight compromise on one aspect between any of those 3 IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheels

WKR
Like WCB I hated the vertical pins, have a 3 pin Black Gold set at 20,30,40 and use the bottom pin as the floater.