What shoes are worth it?

for a decade or so, I had a revolving door of about 4 pairs of hunting boots, each was so unbearable and uncomfortable to wear, even when I had them fitted.
Recently I got a pair of danners, even after breaking them in for 2 weeks, using hairdryers, putting a bag of water in them, and freezing them, my feet go numb. I'd rather wear squirrels on my feet than hunting/hiking shoes at this point.
At this point, no matter what size I get or what brand it is, it feels like I'm wearing petrified wood.
The ones I had for years and worse repeatedly are better, but they're too dilapidated.
I might wear bunny slippers to go shooting next week to prove a point-
Does anyone else have this issue?

Attachments

• danner.jpg
    danner.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 6
I can sympathize. I have some weird feet that are in between normal and wide, one foot is slightly bigger than the other, and I have one big toe that likes to rub on the side of most toe boxes. To say finding a boot that fits is an understatement. I have been through a metric boatload of boots looking for the perfect one. I have finally somewhat figured it out and have found a good early and mid season boot. Given what I've paid for the numerous pairs of boots that didn't quite work, I'd pay a hefty sum for a boot that worked 100%.

My advice to you is try every pair of boots you can. Find the ones that feel great as soon as you put them on. Some boots feel good initially but end up not working on the mountain, but for me, if a boot doesn't feel good as soon as I put it on, it never will. No breaking in will fix a bad fit or last that doesn't work for you.

Don't limit yourself to hunting marketed boots. Look at the hiking boots as well. Try REI or similar outdoors stores. You might find better info in the footwear sub at:https://rokslide.com/forums/forums/footwear.79/https://rokslide.com/forums/forums/footwear.79/

Ucsdryder

WKR
You might find this thread interesting!