What pack tarp is everyone using?

Hey guys- was sitting in the rain and snow last season. Looking to get out of the weather. What type/brand/size tarps you guys using for glassing and/or for a sleep setup?

+1 on the SO Gunnison tarp. Packs down to almost nothing. I keep it in my pack at all times.

The VIAM multi-cloth will work for a shorter duration of rain. It will eventually saturate & leak, but Im already carrying it for a meat tarp & ground cloth so it pulls weather duty when needed

Rab Silwing - weighs about 10 oz and is a good size for just one person. Does well in the wind. I've really liked it and will look at other Rab tarps in the future.

X2 on the 6x9 jimmy tarp. Good for everything. Hammock tarp, glassing and pup tent. Small enough you don’t really ever feel like you shouldn’t bring it and big enough two can sit under and glass.

I have a GoLite poncho that I can convert into a smaller A frame pup tent style shelter.

Have you used the GoLite Poncho for very long? Any comments? I'm just starting to think about adding a poncho into my gear as my rain gear/emergency shelter.

Kifaru Sheep Tarp here too. Has kept me dry and out of the weather numerous times over the past few years. Weighs almost nothing, takes seconds to set up and take down, packs small, and is waterproof. Really a great setup for one hunter.

Back