What Nosler bullet do you prefer?

Overdrive

WKR
I'd feel confident with either Partitions or Accubonds. Both good reliable bullets.

I use Accubonds in my 300 wthby, but use to always shoot factory Federal partition loaded ammo.

I'm loading some ABLR for my 6.5-300wthby and they show a lot of promise. So far a 3/8" group now if I find time to load up more and do more testing and get a velocity.

WayneKerr

FNG
Accubonds have been the "easy button" for me in 270 and 300wm. I haven't been able to find good accuracy when loading partitions, and it's a bummer because I really like that bullet a lot.

Vern400

WKR
Nosler partitions will expand on a rabbit, and plunge right through tougher game. They simply don't fail. Very forgiving on impact speed. I have to give up a little bit of accuracy. I use them on game that could eat me.

Accubonds shoot very well for me. I have not used them on game yet.

NBTs: I've had two bullet failures. 308/165/2800 fps. At 215 yards both bullets entered between ribs by pure luck. Both of them went through like a pencil. Both we're hit perfectly, both ran several hundred yards. I lost one to coyotes. I cannot explain it because those bullets absolutely explode on milk jugs. Nevertheless, the same shot with a nosler partition would have been bang flop and left a quarter - size exit hole. I've shot about 75 white tails and that's the only one I've ever lost because of a bullet failure to open. In the old days, like 20 plus years ago ballistic tips used to explode on deer. Some folks quit using them for that reason. Nosler made the jacket thicker. They shoot real good but I don't trust them now.

TaperPin

WKR
Partitions are the traditional choice. They started being sold in 1948. That length of track record and they are still one of the top bullets - no other premium bullet has that kind of history.

6.5guy

FNG
I don't really have much experience with the Accubonds but I have shot plenty of the ABLRs. And have found them to be somewhat picky in both my 300wm and 6.5cm. They do work great though on game once you get a load figured out.

SloppyJ

WKR
I prefer the partitions but the accubonds seem to group better for me. However I have great results in my 280ai with 160gr Partitions and I can't wait to test them out this year. I have some 180gr accubonds that I can't get my 30-06 to shoot if you're interested.

Frankly, if you're not talking long distance shots, I don't think you can go wrong with either.

RayF

FNG
200yds and in, the energy dump and penetration of Partitions are hard to beat. Past that, your gun has to like them. The sealed-off back half of the Partition doesn't restrict it to specific velocities. The front is always going to open up and the back will always penetrate. Accuracy is okay, but that is to be expected with cup & core. Like most, I wouldn't consider it a precision bullet. My son has a .270 that shoots them just under MOA at 100yds and just under 1.5 MOA at 200 (off the bench). That's about the best accuracy I've seen or heard of, but you see where that's going.

If you're gonna go long, look at the ABLR.

Elite

WKR
Nosler Ballistic Tip.
Every elk, pronghorn and deer we have shot have been one shot kills and did extensive internal damage to vitals.

How do they hold up on shoulders and big bone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elite

WKR
I don't really have much experience with the Accubonds but I have shot plenty of the ABLRs. And have found them to be somewhat picky in both my 300wm and 6.5cm. They do work great though on game once you get a load figured out.

Any tips on the secret to them? I have tried them in a 30-06 and now 7mm-08 with several powders and seating depths and can’t get them to group at all. Accubonds are easy 1moa in both guns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk