What map app to you all use?

Ebola

FNG
Curious what everyone is using for a mapping app and pros and cons of each? OnX? GoHunt? Gaia?

OnX for me. It's user friendly, updated frequently and supported. They have great customer support and I have had zero issue using the platform for years. Once you dive in and learn all the app can do on and off line it becomes as important as your bow or rifle. I still carry a map just incase as I'm old school and the military taught me well.

BBob

WKR
Gaia, onX
Gaia way more features/layers.
onX for the simplicity and friends use it. They send me locations that’s link right to onX that’s quick and direct with no cut and paste.

Last edited:

Jaquomo

WKR
OnX and Gaia. OnX has a lot of features but I don't use most of them. IMO, Gaia has way better satellite resolution, at least on my phone and tablet.

The pubic-private boundaries are inaccurate with both, since they rely on County information. For example, my house is shown to be on public land on both apps. The green line shows my actual property boundary, and the hiking trail actually crosses through my land...So neither can be truly trusted for that.

Attachments

• 20230307_150122.jpg
    20230307_150122.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 34
OnX and GoHunt. I would only use GoHunt but have started using OnX again because apple CarPlay shows the map on my truck screen as I'm driving.