What Manufacturer Uses Mothwing or Mountain Mimicry Camouflage?

BigSky

WKR
Is anybody here aware of any outdoor clothing manufacturer that currently offers their stuff in either Mothwing or Mountain Mimicry camouflage? Sitka and Core 4 Element used to do so. Sitka went away from it, unfortunately and C4E went out of business, unfortunately. I believe it to be one of the better overall camouflage patterns along with ASAT and Predator. Interestingly enough, for some reason, all of those are less prolific than others.

Geewhiz

WKR
This is almost freaky. My boss and I just this morning were talking about everything you just said.. including the predator and ASAT discussion.

SYLO is a company that popped up shortly after C4E went away that sold gear in mountain mimicry. I can only assume they were somehow affiliated with C4E. It doesnt seam like they stuck around for long though.

The ASAT company I believe still makes clothing using their pattern but it seams to be more budget friendly with low class materials and fit from my experience.

I will say that mountain mimicry is my all time favorite camo pattern and I do wish there was someone out there producing good gear in that pattern.

Beagle1

Lil-Rokslider
I have a storage bin full of it I haven’t used in many years. When I get motivated I’ll probably list it for sale.

OP
BigSky

BigSky

WKR
I too have some that I'm going to sell that was either outgrown by my son or that I shrunk out of at one time or another. However, it would be nice if one of these major manufacturers would get a new contract with them. I speculate that licensing is the issue.

I actually think that a one year "use agreement" by Sitka, Kuiu or First Lite would cause a huge boon in sales for that one year period.

I have a pair of pants from sylo and a vest from core4 in mothwing. It would be nice if someone would license the pattern again. The tan/grey color palette really does well in sage and dead timber.

All of the smaller boutique type manufacturers seem to have their own proprietary patterns, most of which look like digital garbage to my eye.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Along with what has been said I believe kryptek briefly offered it a long time ago. Can’t think of any current offerings.

OP
BigSky

BigSky

WKR
I know we don't know what goes on behind closed doors; but, one would think that whomever owns this/these pattern(s) would attempt to sell it/them to one of these major manufacturers rather than letting them go by the wayside. Oh well.

SDHNTR

WKR
I’d sure be a happy Bowhunter if someone made ASAT and/or Predator in quality clothing again. Those two companies have the best patterns, and the worst clothing. They apparently don’t like to license out either, as that never took unfortunately. Sad. Nothing else compares.

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t think it’s a matter of Asat and predator not wanting other companies to use their stuff. I think most companies camo’s purpose is brand recognition. Basically like pro sports teams colors and logos.

SDHNTR

WKR
I don’t think it’s a matter of Asat and predator not wanting other companies to use their stuff. I think most companies camo’s purpose is brand recognition. Basically like pro sports teams colors and logos.
Perhaps, but both Sitka and First Lite have done runs in ASAT in the past.

OP
BigSky

BigSky

WKR
I sort of agree. It's all based on licensing. I'm sure they have contacted one another and, based on dollar figures and, as EJF stated, brand recognition, they've all made business decisions.