What keeps you from hunting OTC California?

What Keeps you from hunting OTC in California?

• Total voters

IH8Cali

Lil-Rokslider
I have 10 points and will likely not use them. The X zones have been saturated with "recreation" folks, even deep in the backcountry. Recent scouting (fishing) trips have proven there's no point in spending my points. However, "hunting" my folks' back yard in D5 produces absolute toads, and i'll continue to stick those ;)

Fowl Play

WKR
Yes… it’s all been buggered up. Rainbow shooting vests, funny bullets, lack of game, but the worst part is you HAVE to use nightforce scopes. $2000 minimum. Anything short of that and you’re insta-screwed if it so much as brushes against the special hard rocks out there.

2-Stix

WKR
I hunt it every year. Its hard hunting...hot & steep where I go at the bottom of A zone South. I shot a buck last year 225 yards off over a canyon...took 1.5 hours to get to it and it was 95 degrees in super dense manzanita, etc...hands and knees fun. A good warm up every year before I go out of state to Oregon to hunt where my family lives. We have some deer and lots of bears, and incredible fishing, dirt bike riding, etc....

CA gets hate because of the politics. Tossing the baby out with the bath water. We have 42m people, 22m vote, we have over 5m republicans fighting behind enemy lines. More republicans then the main West states (ID, WY, CO and MT) combined. 50% of the counties are republican...big cities ruin states and rural america. I am leaving in 15 years to WY and will be the best transplant they every had. Every summer for the last 30 we go and camp in WY for 3 weeks. I know that state like my own.

Heres is a map of the last election and what counties went what directions. I always find it unfortunate how cities ideas run the rural areas of the state.

Jackson in WY, Portland in OR, Boise in ID, Bosemen in MT...LA and SF in CA. Its a bummer.

counties.png

Last edited:

cmahoney

WKR
Yes… it’s all been buggered up. Rainbow shooting vests, funny bullets, lack of game, but the worst part is you HAVE to use nightforce scopes. $2000 minimum. Anything short of that and you’re insta-screwed if it so much as brushes against the special hard rocks out there.

NF’s aren’t legal in CA because the word “Night” is nearly as scary as pistol grip on a rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too worried something about my gun might not be legal and I'll end up with a Felony on my record. Ca gun laws are crazy!

Last couple times I was in CA was by accident. And considering the toys in the truck, I got the hell out ASAP

87TT

WKR
For the record, I was born and raised in California. My first hunting license cost $2 and deer tag was $4. It is a crying shame what it has become. So I stand by what I said, "it's still California".