What is your preferred Brass Brand

Luked

WKR
If you had to buy one over the other which would you choose out of the higer end brass companies
ADG
Peterson
Alpha
Lapua

TxLite

WKR
The only one of those I’ve had issues with is Alpha and it’s likely my fault for following the die manufacturer’s sizing die setup instructions instead of measuring shoulder bump. I have 2 firings on it and already seeing case head separation. Since then I’ve started measuring shoulder bump when sizing.

While I recognize that it’s on me, I also recognize that I used several other brands of brass for years before that and used the same sizing procedure. The Alpha is the only one that I have had separation issues with so early on. (ADG, federal, Hornady, Winchester, Remington, etc).

I’d try Alpha again but would likely get ADG or Peterson first if they were available.

Hydra6

FNG
ADG seems to be hunting oriented so I buy ADG for hunting cartridges not covered by Lapua/Alpha
Peterson seems to be good but I prefer Alpha or Lapua - I buy Peterson if price is right/others unavailable
Alpha is my preferred brass for high volume. My Alpha Dasher brass has 10x loads and still going strong
Lapua is the previous brass gold standard - Alpha caters to the PRS community such as Dasher

I choose Lapua first if available with minor exception. Lapua doesn't make LRP 6 Creedmoor so I haven't bought it for that application for hunting.

Next i get ADG or Alpha and they dont really overlap on many cartridges.
ADG generally = magnums
Alpha generally = standard bolt face modest cartridges popular in competition shooting

Have not much experience with Peterson. Just that it generally is a little lower capacity in the offerings that Alpha has so I chose Alpha. Seems like another nice option though.

SloppyJ

WKR
Lapua and Peterson for my hunting stuff. I haven't tried ADG but would love to.

I've had good luck and like my Alpha brass for my PRS rig in 6 creed. It's stout and hardy.

I’ve mainly used Peterson and haven’t found a reason to change.

Peterson offers 270 win brass and I wanted better brass for my 270 and was tired of Hornady and Nosler being toast after a couple firings. Peterson held up great and produced better velocity/SD/ES/and accuracy over any other 270 brass I tried.

When I started focusing on my 6.5prc, I looked at Lapua, ADG, and Peterson and stayed with Peterson because it was a better value for 100 pieces and I didn’t feel I was gaining anything by going ADG or Lapua.

My buddy and I both shoot Seekins ph2’s in 6.5 prc. He shoots Lapua and I shoot Peterson. Both shoot around 1/2 MOA so brass doesn’t seem to make much difference.

The only big difference is I walked out with 100pc of Peterson and a box of 143 ELD-X and he walked out with 100pc of Lapua and we both spent the same amount of money.

Last edited:

WKR

WKR
Alpha for 308 based small rifle primer cartridges
ADG for magnum large rifle primer cartridges

I would use lapua without a second though though

Have never tried peterson

jfk69

Lil-Rokslider
Lapua, ADG, Peterson, Norma. Never used Alpha. I also have calibers that the only readily available stuff is Remington or Winchester and it’s fine but doesn’t last as long.

SOIHUNT

Lil-Rokslider
Peterson is okay, I’ve had enough problems with it that I won’t use it again kinda like Nosler in opinion. I like Lapua when I can find it and picture of the brass looks like a couple pieces of Nosler I had, but it was seconds in PRC and seemed like it was only brass you could find at the time, you just had to sort it all usually lost a couple to every 100.