What is your go to bugle and cow call?

Use the mellow yellow for cow calls. Buddy shot a cow at 8 yds and next day I shot a 4x5,both called in using this call. Also use the closer. My grunt tube is a cut down fat boy plastic baseball bat. Going to try one of elknuts samller grunt tubes this year just haven't decide which one. Also going to put the challenge and all star reeds to work this year.

ElkNut1

WKR
I'll let out a small secret here, I should have a shorter version of the Original Chuckler Bugle out here in a couple of weeks, it will be 3" or so shorter with very good tone! You may want to wait on that one & check it out, it should be a very good one for packing purposes too. As soon as it's available it will be shown & demoed on our Homepage! Look for it! Thanks!

ElkNut1

Will that new 'Chuckler" need to be used with a mouth diaphragm or will it have some kind of an internal reed ?I can't use a mouth diaphragm to save my life
Tim

ElkNut1

WKR
Tim, all the Chuckler Models come both ways! If you order any of the Chuckler XTR's (external reed) this means they will have the built on reed as well as the option to remove the mouthpiece in 2-3 seconds & use as a grunt tube with a mouth diaphragm if you wanted. If ones were to order the Chuckler Grunt Tube Bugles, now this model is designed for mouth diaphragm use only!

Yes, this new one will have the XTR option. I believe the new shorter version one will be called the Chuckler EL. Thanks!

ElkNut1

Swede

WKR
Over the years I have used quite a number of elk calls including Glen Berry's stuff, Larry D Jones calls, Carlton, Primos, Abe & Son, etc. I even made grunt tubes out of my mother in law's vacume cleaner hose. With a home made camo cover that hose worked as well as any, and better than some Carlton and the Abe & Son call for me. For the last few years I have used the Lil Chuckler as my exclusive grunt tube. Except for the rare time when I might want to sound like the biggest and baddest bull in the woods, that grunt tube along with either the Primos red diaphram or the Ragin Bull red diaphram sounds the most real and appears most convincing from what I can see. Those diaphrams work very well as cow calls too, but I also still like the little Larry Jones "Cow Call". The Jones call is usually more than adequate and it is very handy. I just wear it as a neckless so it is always ready.

ElkNut1

WKR
Bill, I actually cannot remember what style that one was? I'm pretty sure I've not made another prototype as this one at present. As soon as they're ready I will be sending you that one & another Lil Chuckler, I've been awaiting the other Chucklers so I could send them both at once plus the cow call. I haven't forgot! (grin)

ElkNut1

Titaniumman

Lil-Rokslider
I use Bugling Bull's Who's Yer Daddy cow call. First time out it worked like a charm. I just bought Elknut's Chuckler EL tube, can't wait to try it out. I am still experimenting with several different diaphragm calls, Bugling Bull and Primos mostly. I started out with the white Primos palate plate years ago. I have a box that must have two or three dozen diaphragms and reed calls in it. I'm always messing with calls.

6t4nova

WKR
Mellow yellow momma or the temptress for cow calls.

For bugling its either the raging bull or all star with either the Elknut Chucklr or Bugling Bull Select "A" Bull tube.

Just got my elknut starter kit and in two days Im making some good sounds what a great beginners kit! And the customer service could not have been better!

I use Primos mouth diaphragms and a Carlton mega grunt tube. I also use a Primos single and double reed hyperlip. I guess I am partial to Primos calls, I have been using them for 13 years.