What is your favorite rifle case?

22tcm

FNG
My rifle I have been putting together as a competition rifle no longer comfortably fits in my hard sided rifle case. I have a Tract Toric ELR on the rifle and it is to wide to fit in the cases I have. I'm looking to purchase a new carrying case for this and other rifles. I was originally thinking of the Pelican V800 or maybe something from SKB. I usually take 2 rifles with me as it is nice to have variety while one rifle might be cooling down. I don't plan on taking a rifle on an airplane anytime soon so it made me realize I don't have to have a hard case. But we do tend to load rifles into the bed of a truck when I go to shoot with friends. It would be nice to have a hard case that I can put 2 rifles and a little bit of gear in but I am open to suggestions of soft cases also. What do you like to carry your rifle in? Thank you.

I bought a Plano Air Glide upright rifle case about 10 years ago, and really like it. The rifle sits upright in it, cradled in foam with velcro straps inside the case that hold the rifle in place. You can secure it with padlocks, but due to the lightweight plastic, they wouldn't be much of a deterrent. There is plenty of space inside the case to carry a cleaning rod, box or two of ammo, and other items. They sell for around $60, and I definitely like mine. It protects the rifle and scope.
Plano part # 130102. Midway has them, their number is 558961. Nice detailed picture on Midway website.
You wanted to put 2 rifles and a little bit of gear in the case, keep in mind that it will be really heavy and really bulky.

Last edited:

Mr.Wizard

FNG
V800 is a very nice case. I keep a full 3-gun setup in mine: 18” barreled AR w/ A5 length recoil system, LPVO and 4 mags, 28” affinity 3, and pistol w/ 4 mags. The wheels are a nice thought, but not super practical unless you’re trying to wheel through an airport or something.

The biggest downside is that it is BULKY. A pain to store and transport in a car.